Supporting Hosts in Need - GoFundME

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Supporting Hosts in Need - GoFundME

For my fellow hosts and their guests.

My name is Juan **. I have been a Superhost and loyal member of the Airbnb community since 2013, and until this crisis, I really supported Airbnb, the company. Most of us have been affected by the Coronavirus crisis. Some extremely more than others. People have lost loved ones, jobs and soon, maybe their homes. We can argue endlessly whether Airbnb's handling of refunds during the crisis was right or wrong, but this is not place for that. What I am sure about is that hosts across the world are suffering and need help. They have opened their hearts and their doors to millions of guests. For many of us, many guests come back not just as customers but as friends. If we truly are a community, we should support each other.

How I want to help.
I am only a small time host but at this time I am the position to help a at least a few other hosts, and hopefully more, with your help. I will be donating the 12.5% Airbnb offered affected hosts, like me, to the pot as well as $5 from every stay for the foreseeable future. Because I have not received the 12.5% payment. I am donating $100 to start and will donate the rest later.

Who will I help.
This part is still developing, but at some point I will request affected hosts to send in request for help. I will be posting on the Airbnb community website and Airbnb's facebook page. I will pick current longtime hosts who have a good reputation on Airbnb. The host will be able to use the small assistance to pay an utility bill, help with rent or put food on the table. I will keep ZERO of the funds for personal use except for any taxes I may be responsible for.

Will I keep any proceeds?
Once, again. I will keep ZERO of the funds for personal use except for any taxes I may be responsible for.

Final Words

I am doing this because I want to help fellow hosts. I have no expectations for others to donate but I'm asking for them because  others may want to help. Hosts are hardworking & compassionate people. We come from all walks of life and want to continue to open our doors for travelers but some of us need a little help. Many of us are not big companies, we are individuals with families and responsibilities and we don't have investors or large bank accounts. This crisis is testing us all on many fronts. If you can spare a $1, that would be amazing.

If you are interesting in helping, donate below:

**[Link and personal details removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

4 Replies 4
Ashley678
Level 7
Apache Junction, AZ

What a sweet kind offer, everything you said is 100 % spot on.  I wish i could contribute, in the past I would give till I had nothing.  ( animal rescue ) And boy did I ... 

I have two properties that were kicking butt for my horse rescue, now we are really struggling, however we are ok.  I may even be able to help with the $5 part going forward.  If you want to keep me in your group or team it seems you maybe building, feel free to reach out. Right now I only have one booking .. but going forward when things get better.... I'm here ! 🙂 bless you btw 

ash 

@Ashley678 I'd love to team up! Frankly, the more hosts we can get the better. I think the $5 donation per booking is a great way! We all help when we can and I'm sure you have helped many. I feel it's a small way I can help with my limited resources.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Wow! Well done @Juan63 !

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

The link to my gofundme page was removed. If you'd like to donate, send me a message and I will send it to you.