Why did Airbnb Suspend my account?

Clayton5
Level 2
Fgura, Malta

Why did Airbnb Suspend my account?

Hi,

I would like to know how to tackle this issue. 

I received an email from Airbnb 2 days ago that my account is permanently suspended and all bookings were cancelled. It was a shock for me to receive this kind of email since I am a superhost and had ony positive reviews about my listing. 

I contacted them by phone and by email but the only reply I got is by email stating that they regret that this decision has negatively affected me and that they have the final say. I did not get any reason or whatsoever. I read the Terms and Conditions but couldn't find anything that I have possibly done to get a permanent suspension. 

I asked for clarification but did not get one.

Thanks is advance

Clayton

56 Replies 56

It is just ridiculous they completely ignored me and send my current guests away to other Airbnb without even talking to me.  I am in the same situation as any other superhosts and lots of good review,, but just one guest reported me for entering his room without permission, then Airbnb wants to eliminate me from the platform. Just hard to imagine it is happening because I am on Airbnb for 4-5 years.  Why don’t they want to hear my side of story ? I gave the guest 24 hours notice before entering  and do repairs in the room and Airbnb just completely takes the guest side.  I apologized to both Airbnb and the guest.  They just completely ignored me. And I couldn’t sleep at night time. The status of superhost and good reviews are very hard to build 

this happened to us a few times, I must agree that their Trust and Safety **. This lady framed me for wrongdoing out of nowhere.

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

I am Eva,  Yes , airbnb  suddenly  suspended my  list without any reasons ( of course  they just sent me the bs email). , actually earlier  ago I already  didnt want to  do business with airbnb.so I told airbnb just close my ac.  Obviously airbnb  is not a open ,transparent  company, they just  took the money form both side :hosts and guests. when we both side need them help ,airbnb never  given us any  help. disappointed. Airbnb only know how to threat the hosts ,even the host got 4.5 stars /5......and everyone knows that  rating thing is totally BS.

Hi Stepanie, I am Eva. I dontthink i can log into my eva ac(airbnb) anymore .

Yes, I am superhost, 4.5 stars/5 , always get positive reviews from my guests.

luckly, I finished all my bookings in May and suddenly got the email form airbnb and told me they will suspend my ac.(similar email   that Susan got).

Is something happened in airbnb inside?

Airbnb need good hosts  to provide the accommodation to earn money, why airbnb did this to its customers.

Wired. strange and odd!!!!

Actually, I dont  really want to  do business with airbnb anymore if airbnb doesnt improve their  policy to the hosts.Airbnb always sends the rude  messages to hosts , warns hosts if the rate is under 5 stars...  airbnb will close their ac. airbnb always  wants hosts to  choose instand booking but ont he other hand when  problems happened airbnb  never ever tried to  help hosts.

Unfair , unrespect , unreasonable  policy  from airbnb policy.

All the hosts should stand up and say NO to airbnb,

Hi Stephanie,

this is the email I got from airbnb,

Donovan Rossi, May 9, 02:20 PDT:

Eva,

We are reaching out regarding your Airbnb account. We are no longer able to support it due to violations of our Terms of Service, and we have taken steps to deactivate your account.

Please note that all upcoming reservations have been canceled with a full refund and all appropriate parties notified. Additionally, we are unable to provide further account support.

This action is being taken due to a violation of the commitment to the Safety pillar of Airbnb’s Community Standards. You can view the standards here:

airbnb.com/trust/standards

This decision was made under the authority of our Terms of Service, and with the best interest of all members of our community in mind. For more information about account deactivations, visit:

airbnb.com/help/article/432

All the best,

THIS EMAIL IS A SERVICE FROM AIRBNB CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

@Stephanie  Thank you for looking into this. I have no idea about this specific situation, but it is very Machiavellian to treat hosts like this.

It is similar to getting fired from a company and having no explanation or reason given. I understand that there are confidentiality issues, but at least a general answer should be provided, such as a guest complaint or not adhering to Airbnb policy on safety etc.

And without any information being shared and not talking to the host, the decision is being made. What if there are reasonable explanations, what if the guest was lying, what if the investigation was flawed? This way of dealing with excellent hosts does not pass muster, and it is unsettling for the hosts remaining.

@Larry339 

Hosts being suspended (or more often, delisted), without warning or explanation, has been standard Airbnb practice for years. It's happened to thousands of devastated hosts - many of whom were depending on their hosting income to live. Doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter how excellent a host you've been, doesn't matter how loyal you've been to the company, doesn't matter what you've done to promote Airbnb in your own time - if they feel like bouncing you, for whatever reason (or even for no reason at all).. you're history. As Machiavellian (and unlawful, in many jurisdictions) as it undoubtedly is, it's highly unlikely that'll be changing anytime soon. 

Here's the painful blow-by-blow account of Kelly Kampen, former Airbnb uber-evangelist who was even invited to speak at the Airbnb Open in Paris in 2015, who was one of the very first unfortunates to suffer Airbnb's  "Boom! You're gone!" fate... 

Open Letter To Airbnb - Why Did You Terminate My Account? 

https://medium.com/@kellykampen/airbnb-why-did-you-terminate-my-account-an-open-letter-to-airbnb-963...

@Susan17 Thanks for the link.

Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Eva47  sorry to hear that, we all know this could happen to any of us, unfortunately, do you mind if you are not too stressed to give more info on your situation. Keep in mind they are other platforms to advertise even if ABB have a big share of the market 

oh, Marie,now airbnb just totally suspended  my airbnb ac.I couldnt go to check my lists anymore .. haaa.

Airbnb just like rats , they  work under the dark drian.they never can   answer your questions correctly. they never waned t to  try to help hosts when hosts need their  help. I dont  want to deal with airbnb anymore..

there are 2 thing are  very odd to me, just few months ago, airbnb suddenly told me I did very well, did a good job,did a great job so they gave me  "superhost". WHAT! actually i never ever wanted to be a airbnb bs superhost. on the other hand airbnb always sent me some rude emaisl and told me  My ac  is under risk if I dont t get 5stars.....who cares!!!! 5 stars BS.

and other odd thing that airbnb did is: suddenly airbnb paid me back damage money that was 2 year ago i asked them to pay but they  refused  2 years ago, but just few months ago , airbnb suddenly  agree  to pay me back  .

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Judging by the recent flood of posts on various Airbnb groups and forums, from shocked and distraught hosts who have suddenly found their accounts suspended/terminated - without warning or explanation - Airbnb appears to be having some sort of cull at the moment. 

Moral of the story - always have a Plan B. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Susan17 @All of these Airbnb host 'disappearings' once again remind me of the famous short story, 'The Lottery', by Shirley Jackson (1948). I was warned about these host disappearings early on, which is why I wasted no time in developing alternate income streams in addition to monies generated by my 5 star, booked solid Airbnb rental:

Plot [The Lottery]

Details of contemporary small-town American life are embroidered upon a description of an annual ritual known as "the lottery". In a small village in New England of about 300 residents, the locals are in an excited yet nervous mood on June 27. Children gather stones as the adult townsfolk assemble for their annual event, which in the local tradition is practiced to ensure a good harvest (Old Man Warner quotes an old proverb: "Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon"), though there are some rumors that nearby communities in the north are talking about giving up the lottery, and some have done so.

The lottery preparations start the night before with Mr. Summers and Mr. Graves making the paper slips and the list of all the families. Once the slips are finished, they are put into a black box, which is stored overnight in a safe place at the coal company. The story briefly mentions how the ballot box has been stored over the years in various places in the town, including a grocery store shelf, a barn, and in the post office basement.

On the morning of the lottery, the townspeople gather close to 10 a.m. in order to have everything done in time for lunch. First, the heads of the extended families draw slips until every family has a slip. Bill Hutchinson gets the one slip with a black spot, meaning that his family has been chosen. The second round would ordinarily be to select one household within the family, but since there is only one Hutchinson household (Bill's adult sister and daughter are counted with their husbands' families), the second round is skipped.

The final round is for the individual family members within the winning household to draw, no matter their age. Bill's wife, Tessie, gets the marked slip. After the drawing is over and Tessie is picked, the slips are allowed to fly off into the wind. In keeping with tradition, each villager obtains a stone and begins to surround Tessie. The story ends as Tessie is stoned to death while she bemoans the unfairness of the situation.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Rebecca181 

How very fitting! And any one of us could meet poor old Tessie's fate, at any time.. 🤤 

All joking aside though, it's sickening to see this happening yet again to hosts - many of them long-term superhosts, who genuinely haven't the faintest idea what it is they're supposed to have done wrong, and are utterly distraught. Vicious, cruel, tyrranical behaviour from Airbnb. No change there, then. 

Leplubo0
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Airbully-n-bully Distrust & Unsafety Team has never carried their name better than now...

It takes years to build trust. It takes one action to destroy it!

is  it possible  about  the internet hackers?!

the whole things  dont  make sense to me!

Why airbnb   want to destroy their  business.......closed down  so many 5 stars ,superhost  ac.