Why did Airbnb Suspend my account?

Clayton5
Level 2
Fgura, Malta

Why did Airbnb Suspend my account?

Hi,

I would like to know how to tackle this issue. 

I received an email from Airbnb 2 days ago that my account is permanently suspended and all bookings were cancelled. It was a shock for me to receive this kind of email since I am a superhost and had ony positive reviews about my listing. 

I contacted them by phone and by email but the only reply I got is by email stating that they regret that this decision has negatively affected me and that they have the final say. I did not get any reason or whatsoever. I read the Terms and Conditions but couldn't find anything that I have possibly done to get a permanent suspension. 

I asked for clarification but did not get one.

Thanks is advance

Clayton

56 Replies 56
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Clayton5 ,

This happened to other hosts too (Search this community !).

And none of them received further explanation, as far i can read in those postings.

So seems to be the (unexpected) end of your business with Airbnb. But very disturbing not to get some clarification. 

Best regards,Emiel

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You are not the first in the last few days with this exact story, @Clayton5 - superhost, nothing but good reviews, suddenly suspended, stonewalled. Do a search in this forum for "suspended" and those other key words. Perhaps someone found an answer? I know there were suggestions that the listing was deemed illegal by the municipality. Is that a possibility?

I hope you get it sorted. Really sorry you are going through this. 

Thank you Lawrene

I have a licence by the local tourism authority to be a host. I don't know. I tried to call airbnb but they don't give you any details.

At least one deserves an explanation.

I agree, @Clayton5. One does. 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Clayton5 There are other sites as well. Time to move on.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hello,

Also in the situation of a suspended account. Muliple listings.

But nowhere in this forum or elseswhere on the net or with airbnb itself I got an answer on the most relevant question in this case: can one start a new account, listing only the best reviewed accommodations? So to be safe on the average rate.

Best regards.

Eva47
Level 2
Armidale, Australia

Airbnb is a such BS company.I got suspend my ac email from airbnb too.Same superhost  good reviews.I don't even want to ask or talk to airbnb,just let them suspend my ac.I  am sick of airbnb system,I am quite happy them to stop my ac .I am happy just walk out from airbnb.cheers!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Eva47 

Sorry to hear you are having a trying time with this situation. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the correspondance you were sent so I can dig into this further?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

I don't know if this was the same email received by Eva, but this is the standard copy-paste message sent to 95% of the hosts who get shut down overnight, without warning or explanation 20190513_181916.png

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17 Thanks for sharing that, really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

You're welcome, @Stephanie🙂

Yes , similar email from airbnb.

I think there is  something happened in airbnb, just dont understand why  airbnb will suddenly  shut superhosts, good review hosts down .

when it was Dec last year   , airbnb seems a little bit improve their  policy, they suddenly paid me  my damage  $ back ( it was 2 years ago  I asked for  but airbnb didnt  help  me to get the money ) and then no longer after  airbnb  suddenly gave me "superhost" and told me I did a great job(actually   I already half give up airbnb, i  rent my cottage out myself for a long term)............then yes in May suddenly suspend my ac without any reasons. Lucky I  finished all my bookings from airbnb.so I didnt need to  cancel my guests...........

All my booking got cancelled and they didn’t give me explanation.  My guests told me that it is violation from a host which is me.  I think the next step, they are going to send me this email. 

Sorry to hear that @Christie88, horrible thing to happen to any host, especially those who are relying on the income. Sadly, it does sound as if the dreaded "Hey Superhost - we've squeezed all we need from you, so now you can bugger off" email will follow soon. Airbnb seems to get some sort of sadistic pleasure out of dragging the whole process out over several days, creating maximum stress and upset for the discarded hosts. 

If it's a case that you are relying on your hosting income, and you're in a position where you really do need to stay on Airbnb, you should get to work straight away on setting up a new account. It can be done - and is done, all the time, by hosts that have been booted off for all sorts of real violations and transgressions - so why shouldn't you do it too? Plenty of info online on the subject, if you do a quick search

But if you can get enough bookings from other sites, not to have to bother with Airbnb, that's the route you should probably take after being treated so appallingly by them. Best of luck. Hope everything works out for you.