Sydney Hosting Insurance options for those subletting

James1387
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Sydney Hosting Insurance options for those subletting

Hey everyone!

My name is James and I run a small Airbnb management company. This means I rent properties and sublet them on Airbnb (with permission of course) and other short-term rental websites. 

I will be renting a HOUSE in Bondi Beach and wish to get insurance for it.

I've been trying to find insurance providers that would cover someone that sub lets properties. So far I have tried the following and they have not been able to help for vaious reasons:

• Sharecover.com.au will cover owners but not someone who is subletting. They will cover this starting April onwards apparently.
    • ceneta.com.au only insures apartments for those like me, who rent to sub let. Because strata has insurance on the building. They cannot provide building AND contents insurance on renting a house. Just contents insurance for those who sub let it.
    • TerriScheer only insures owners who manage themselves or owners who employ a mgmt company. They do not insure a management company that sub lets it, only those who own it.

There is no product I know of that will cover both building and contents in a subletting scenario. 

Does anyone know of an insurer that provides this cover?

Thanks!

James

0 Replies 0