Sync Google Calendar and Airbnb Calendar in real time

Theron0
Level 1
Redlands, California, United States

Sync Google Calendar and Airbnb Calendar in real time

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I have a Google Calendar that manages the rental from a different agency. 

How can I sync both calenders with each other in real time? 

13 Replies 13
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Theron0,

You will find this information in the Airbnb help pages.  See the link below.

Sync Airbnb Calendar with Another Calendar

I hope this helps.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Theron0
Level 1
Redlands, California, United States

Hi Dave, thanks for the quick response!

I can only get my Google calendar events to show up on Airbnb (not the other way), after the first sync. 

So, I synced them and all current reservations show up, however, any new reservations made on Airbnb do not show on my Google calendar. 

Does the make sense?

Yes, you want to follow the Export Calendar settings directions.  

If I book someone who is external from Airbnb on my Google Calendar, it will block off my dates on my Airbnb calendar.  Maybe someday when I have some free time I will create a "How To" guide.

I essentially have my Airbnb calendar syncing with my Google calendar to view any Airbnb listings and then I created a calendar which i call AIRbnb Bookings and any booking outside I have I put on here.  Then I export that to Airbnb calendar.  When I add bookings outside of Airbnb, it blocks off my Airbnb calendar so people can't book.  It works very smoothly.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

We are having a problem with our Google Calendar showing our AirBnB reservations. It works - sort of.

If we get a new reservation, it will not automatically show up in our Google Calendar. I always have to go back into my AirBnB calendar, get the ICS link, go back to my Google Calendar settings, and reimport the ICS link again. After that, the Google calendar will show the new AirBnB reservation.

However, it doesn't show any new AirBnB reservations automatically.

Is there a setting or process I need to follow to get the AirBnB reservations to show up automatically in Google?

This is the EXACT same issue I am having.  It is SOOO frustrating!  It doesn't seem like anyone is getting any answers.  

Hi @Nate3,

I am not sure if this Help Guide I made will help: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Syncing-Airbnb-Calendar-and-Google-Calendar-A-How-To-Gui...

Dave

David

Thank you.  I tried all of your suggestions outlined above and still, no new reservations are showing up in my google calendar.  Do you know anything else I could try?

I am also having this problem. Is there a better calendar program with no problems? 

Hi Everybody,

I am having the same problem.

It is most frustrating as I have 4 ptoperties listed.  Sync works reliably with three and it does not work with the 4th one.  I have to delcine a booking right now.

Is there an AirBnb IT support?

Thank you.

Hajnal Gal

I have 9 listings and I need also to now if someone has fixed this? What is the best way to sync this together? 

Hi. I have the same issue here as many of you. If I have a new booking on AirBNB it will not show up automatically on Google Calendar. To do so, I have to get the .ics link and import it again. Doing so, it will show the new bookings. 

I need a permanent solution for this if anyone can help.

Tom2861
Level 2
Whitefish, MT

I deal with this all the time.  The issue isn't that it doesn't sync, it just doesn't do it in real time or even close to real time.  It does eventually sync up.  So the question is, how can we increase the internal sync interval that seems to be happening automatically.  I'm still not sure when it actually sync's.  I think I usually have to wait overnight.  

Tom2861
Level 2
Whitefish, MT

This works! 

Some helpful hints: 
-  Delete the current direct sync you have set up in google calendar.  Once you create the script it creates a new calendar sync so you'll end up with two events for the same reservation on the google calendar.  One that is run by the script that updates at the interval you set and one that is native in google calendar that will update every 8 hours or whatever they have built in to it. 
-  I copied the AirBnB calendar url in my google calendar settings BEFORE I deleted it so I had it to set up this script. 
-  In his directions at the beginning of the script he explains how to make your own editable copy of his script by clicking on the copy icon at the top right.  Once you do that, click on the main "Apps Script" google icon at the top left.  The big one with the colors.  That will take you to the "my projects" page where that copy is located.  From there you can open it and then edit it with the url(s) and give the calendar a name for your google calendar. 
-  It is set to refresh every 15 minutes but you can change that. 
-  You can also change the name of the script from "Copy of..." to "AirBnB" or whatever you want by clicking once on the name of it in edit mode.  
-  When you first navigate to the "my projects" page by clicking on the Apps Script Icon, save this url to your bookmarks.  I found that when you go into the list of google apps "Apps Script" is not listed.  Not even in the developer area.  

I set this to update every 10 minutes and it works!  

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/9037280/update-frequency-far-less-than-every-few-hours-fo...

Direct link to his script without dealing with the thread I found it in:

https://script.google.com/home/projects/1BOk8MDLbLaHh6SwG1M1tsgNXjkcC-79LE0QoipRuTDxbO3fMVvqoROQD/ed...