Synching Calendar through multiple listings

Hello,  

would someone be able to advise me

I would like to list my property multiple times

1 x for full apartment

1 x for double room

1 x for single room

1 x for single sofa space

can i do th is and can i have everything synched into one calendar?

Thank you for your help. 

Walt 

12 Replies 12
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

You can but you need to maintain that calendar externally on your own. You can use google calendar or any service that provides iCal. Then you link the availability calendar to each of the listing calendars.

YOU need to manually maintain this calendar and you WILL be subject to getting dinged by their algorithms for denying if you get confirmed booking requests on multiple listings before you get the calendar updated.

Note check frequently. I use this feature to manage multiple listing services besides AirBNB and every now and then it gets corrupted or not linked properly.

Alternatively you can just block the other listings manually but again this need to be done manually.

Don't forget to thumbs up of you find my answer helpful.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

thank you Andrew.  I had the same question and could not find an answer anywhere.  It seems silly, doesn't it, that if you have multiple listings through Airbnb they do not automatically sync the two calendars for you?  I confirmed on one and now see it was blocked on the other - oh boy will now probably get my first fee. live and learn!  thank you Nancy

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Walt0 I don't know of any way to do this through the system, and for me, Google calendars have been a massive fail.  You cannot feed all the listing ID's into ONE calendar, rather you end up with a calendar per listing.  That doesn't help any as what you want to do is synchronize.

You can only import one calendar into a listing, so even if you did a cascading import (Sofa listing into Single Room, then Single Room into Double Room, etc), it would mean that as soon as you booked the Sofa, all the other calendars would show as unavailalbe when you only want the FULL apartment to show as unavailable as soon as one of the components is booked.

I have multiple listings, and on multiple platforms, so this is an area where I've spent a lot of time figuring out, and absolutely nothing works beyond a manual calendar where you block off the Full  Apartment as soon as one of the other listings has a booking.   And I'm talking blocking the calendar the minute you get another booking, as that's exacty how double bookings occur.  Of course you have to be so quick if you use Instant Book, and you can be a bit more leisurely if you don't, but you want your info to be accurate so that you don't irritate a guest by having a calendar that is not accurate.

I no longer have listings where I rent a room and also rent the full space, but I did for years and it was a massive headache, so good luck to you.

Yup, I maintian a single calendar manually like you but at least it can feed all the listings. This is exactly why I don't have instant booking turned on. For me its advertising on multiple platforms vs rooms. 

Andrew

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Walt0 You will still have a separate calendar for each listing, however, you can sync them. You should definitely do this to prevent double-booking. If you properly sync your listing, then, for example, if someone rents the entire apartment, it will also block the same dates for the individual rooms.

To sync a calendar just export from one, and import into the other. They will stay in sync after that.

thank you for your help - I will try this now. 

did this work?

Michael974
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

So I'm trying something new within the airbnb Calendar. 

Apparently it was easy to sync calendars within but now there isn't a button? But there are in some other countries?!?!

So I exported the calendar URL airbnb gave me and went to the another listing and imported the copied calendar url. So far it looks like it did block off everything on one Calendar...let's see what happens!

Try this.

How do I link Airbnb calendars for multiple listings?

If you have multiple listings on Airbnb (for example, an entire home and a room inside that home), you can link their Airbnb calendars to prevent double-bookings.

To link Airbnb calendars for multiple listings:

1. Go to Manage listings on airbnb.com and click a listing whose calendar you'd like to link
  2. Click Availability
  3. Next to Linked Airbnb calendars, click Link
  4. Click Create linked calendars, then select the listing for the entire home you’d like to link to other calendars
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the listings inside of the home, then click Save

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

@Michelle-and-James0

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. It seems PERFECT, but I cannot see the listings when I click Create Linked Calendars. I called support and they at least tried to help me. Has anyone gotten this to work correctly? Will it not work if I have the google acocunt sync already active? I'd love to get out of the Google sync option as everyone knows this is a HUGE headache. 

Marcel-and-Debbie0
Level 2
Anakiwa, New Zealand

I have 3 listings, all on AirBnB for a self contained guest area with 2 bedrooms:

Listing 1. Whole place

Listing 2. Room #1  in same place (but not shared with Room #2)

Listing 3. Room #2 in same place (but not shared with Room #1)

It is easy to link and automatically synch calandar "1" (Whole place) with "2' and '3" in the AirBnB settings.

So no problems here, If Listing "1" gets booked, the other two are automatically blocked.

This works well.

However, I cannot seem to create a second link/synch between Listing #2 and #3.

If someone books Listing 2 (room #1), than the Listing #1 (whole place) is blocked, but Listing #3 is not blocked.  I dont want the individual rooms to be booked simultaniously by two seperate guests, because the rooms are listed as "not shared" (I just lock the other room when one room is booked).

If anyone knows how to synch all 3 calendars (so if any one listing gets booked, the other two should be blocked), please let me know.

Thanks heaps,

Marcel & Debbie

upHi Marcel and debbie, did you find a solution for your listings? i have the exactly same set up and situation, and do not know how to solve this problem. thanks!