Syncing Calendars

Syncing Calendars

I have not heard back from anyone about syncing my two airbnb calendars - one for the entire apartment and one for a private room!   Having problems now with double bookings when I forget to check! 

Also, I have in credit some money ($30) for having referred others to use airbnb but damned if I know how to claim it when making an airbnb booking for myself!  Anyway know anything about this?

Thank you, Robin

16 Replies 16
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin1 I have two listings as well, one for the entire apartment and one for just a private room. First, you're doing the right thing by not having "instant book" activated. (You could have for one, but definitely don't do it for both.)

Second, you need to be vigilant. If you accept a reservation on one, immediately jump over and block out your calendar on another. Airbnb doesn't automatically do this for you.

Third, if you haven't yet discovered it, check out the multi-calendar view. You can either try this link or follow the desktop route here:

Capture.JPG

This has been enormously helpful in making sure I don't accidentally double book.

--

If my answer helped you, please give me feedback on my listing!  https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9285982

I'm sad that we can't get (yet) an automatic syncing function within AirBnb.

So, I get that if we are listing on VRBO or other sites, we have to export.

But I wish, if I've only got AirBnb's to sync..I could do it onsite.

Example:  2-Bedroom Apt. (whole house) max 7 people, plus Large Bedroom (room in house, max 4 people) and Small Bedroom (room in house, max 3 people). AirBnb tech people?

HI Robin, My calendars for my single room and entire house, while set to sync, are not syncing either. I am replying to your above statement that Airbnd does not block out a reservation on a synced calendar when a booking is made on another. Isn't this one of the main functions and reasons for synced calendars? It is my understadning that this blocking out is supposed to happen when caledars are synced - otherwise what's the point (other than being able to see all reseravations in one view, of course)? I have all of a sudden been getting double-bookings and contacting Airbnb (and the guestse) about them each time, and workgin with them about the syncing issue which is the root of this problem.

I know your post is an older one but do you or anyone reading this think that the synced calendars do not automatically block out dates for us?

Thanks

Julie

Miguel2
Level 7
Palma, Spain

At Sync Rentals we have made some super-easy video tutorials that may be helpful.

Check out this Youtube video about how to keep your Airbnb calendar synced: https://youtu.be/iL9FYTO6NeA

With Sync Rentals you can keep synced all of your availability calendars. It is totally free.

Would be awesome to know your thoughts

Miguel

Miguel G.
Sync Rentals

Thank you Miguel for your help, but how often the sync happens ?

For me it happen just when I made a manual sync.

Thanks

Hi Miguel, what's the current state of Sync Rentals?

Is it a stable project? Will it remain online?

Thanks a lot!

Tracy37
Level 1
Lake Placid, NY

Hello  everyone, I'm new to Air BNB - I'm listed on Homeaway- have been for years- I've imported and exported both Homeaway and Air BNB calender's- I dont see that Homeaway syncs with Air BNB instantly- has anyone experienced this?  Do we refresh the sync each time we book? I don't see a phone # for Air BNB nor an email for them - new to this I'm feeling a bit frazzeled. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I actually had my forst inquiry through Air BNB tonight and the dates weren't synced. I had to explain to the guest- he was most gracious- please help!! 

There are a few threads discussing this matter. I am trying to figure it out too and that is why I am here. At first glance it appears that Airbnb is willing to share their url but FlipKey and HomeAway are not. Thus, I do not see an export for either FlipKey or Homeaway. I finally read on the FlipKey site that they will import only and not export their calendar information. 

Both FlipKey and HomeAway have the Airbnb calendar imported to their calendars. BUT I am looking for all calendars to be synched so that all calendars are up to date for sake of accuracy and service. 

I began to look at utilizing Google Calendar to synch all calndars but that seems arduous. 

The Sync Rentals reference that I saw posted in some other threads is starting to look more promisng. I am going to take another close look at what they have to offer. 

http://www.sync.rentals/

In my experience maintaining a central calendar thatchers all your sites is essential and the only way that effective works.

The syncing service is free and should probably work. However , If you are listing on mutiple platforms you may want to look at a centralized management service. If you only have one unit many are very pricy but there are a few around the $20/month price point. They really help consolidate managing your rental snd the good ones automate much if the management, coordination and communication elasoecw of managing your rental. (Giving you back time!!)

My favorite is vrconnection.com you might also want to checkout on Rooftop.com. I have been using vrconnection for years bu lot recently Demo'd one rooftop and liked it.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Laurel18
Level 2
Santa Bárbara, Costa Rica

I have AirbBNB synced to Flip key but now I see I can't do it the other way around. I am receiving emails from AirBNB that Instant book will get me more rentals and exposure but I can't cancel any Instant bookings because of double bookings. So that is why I can't do Instant Booking. And I am still manually blocking out days on AirBNB for days rented through Flipkey.

Is it worth it to use a third party booking service? How well does it work?

@Laurel18 Works great. Many people use a google calendar. With mutiple listing sites I highly recommend a central management site that feeds all the external sites and gives you a central place to manage your calendars. If your going to use instant book I recommend OneRooftop.com as it integrates with Airbnb directly via an API and the give you a very nice stand alone website that lets you handle direct bookings with friends and family. 

If if you are not using Kathy book 

If your not using instant book then I recommend lodgify.com

these are both priced about the same. 

Feel free to direct message me if you need more specifics. 

Laurel18
Level 2
Santa Bárbara, Costa Rica

thank you Andrew, I appreciate your thoughtful answers, I will look into it.

regards,Laurel

I am trying to sync two airbnb calendars. I have gone through the process months ago - but can't find the instructions again. Your reply reminded me of the right steps to take!

Could you please advise how I find the calendar IMPORT and EXPORT functions using a computer (not phone ap.)

How do I create the URL for the airbnb calendar so that it can be locked into import / export functions. 

Thank you!

Ursula