THE NEW INSIGHT INTERFACE needs to go!

Answered!
James2631
Level 1
Arizona, United States

THE NEW INSIGHT INTERFACE needs to go!

Hello all fellow Airbnb hosts!

Please help me out and lmk how you feel about this useless new insight button they added!! Now all it shows on insights now on the app is only “Performance” which does nothing but make you angry seeing pointless statistics….

Now because of Airbnb fixing something that wasn’t broken I now can’t acces my monthly income or goals or how many views or reviews or pretty much I can’t do anything now and I’m so furious about them changing it that I actually am considering writing a petition or something to get other hosts on board because it really is that terrible guys trust me if it hasn’t updated on your device yet trust it will and you will be force to go online like it’s 1999 to then go through their complications to then view the things you want but it’s not convenient and I’m PISSED because the last “insight” button interface actually did everything I could click on my income and see a graph I could click on views and then see all of my listings views it actually worked and now this new crap they give us makes us hosts feel like a statistic and it’s not motivating anyone!

So please lmk if you agree or how you feel about Airbnb F-Ing up our insight information and accessibility!

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sara494 

Oh my Lord, Sara, this is serious Kindergarten level stuff!

So, for absolutely no practical reason, we are going from this which works......

Screenshot_2022-04-29-14-43-56-71_2d6e288b86592576bd2b65b14a1fc55b.jpg

To this which is virtually useless........

screenshot 1.png

Every year hosting with Airbnb gets harder and harder. What was a clever platform program design with lots of nice features when I started 6 years ago has just about become unworkable. You can't vet guests, you can't send a special offer to a previous guest. The handy month calendar has disappeared from the message stream. 

Honestly Sara, if you gave this lot a brief to improve the humble pushbike, this is what they would come up with.......

6cbafd5315d7b43f1b5c9a04ecb994de.jpg

I am truly amazed by your revelation. It looks like the insights section on the app is now going to be about as much good as a 'pork pie in a synagogue'! 

Surely there has to be more to it than that, tell me you missed an icon to tap, give me something that makes sense.......please!

download.jpg

Cheers...........Rob

@James2631  @Samuel793  @Christina1105 

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14

Use airbnb.com and yes it sucks. It was never broken like you said. You're going to have to use the app and the website,  app for the convenience of messaging and the website if you want to see your full insights. 

@Samuel793 and @Samuel793 
Having the same issue here, very frustrating. Also have been trying the desktop site airbnb.com. I've tried all the typical things such as clearing cookies and cache, updating the app, etc. but still no luck.

I never had issues with that feature in my first airbnb I did years ago, which isn't active anymore... however I just listed a second one about a week ago and I am experiencing the same thing. The only thing it is showing is "8 wishlist" saves. I was on the phone w/ tech support for a while but it's been impossible to get any real answers out of them. Given that I've seen hundreds of other people posting a similar issue, I'm going to guess that this glitch is just the way it is going to be. Either way, interested to see if yours have populated at this point?

To add to the above, I did receive 2 bookings and I can see the listing is showing up in search however we haven't received any since. I am sure the listing itself could use some improvement but it's a desirable beach area so finding it a little odd given that summer is approaching. The tech support person said she could see on her end we were seen in 12,500 searches and that we have 480 views within 5 days. But on our side we aren't able to see a thing. Just 0 across the board pretty much. Any feedback you might have would be great

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@James2631  @Christina1105  @Samuel793 

I hope this not another Beta trial which is going to catch up with us all sooner or later.....

I just checked my mobile app and under 'Insights' and stats, all my relevant information is still there!

God I wish these people would stop trying top re-invent the wheel.

Cheers........Rob

NEW INSIGHT BETA SCREEN SHOT BELOW

You cannot even read WHICH listening is being analized, nor swap to my other listings. 

Can’t easily view my Income, my Month Total, my Listing Views — nothing. GONE. Completely gone. 
05C322B2-93FA-4D81-95B0-739175A1FB8D.png
The New Insights tell you “optimization tips”, Wish List Adds, cancellation rates, and completely useful data. 

NO NUMBERS WHAT SO EVER

Very annoying inconvenient, but also seemingly deceptive that i cannot just view my income totals. 

@Robin4 

yes I wish they can stop. It was better before

Sara494
Level 3
Philadelphia, PA

What Is with the new insights?? I literally cannot tell which unit the report is on nor can I see how to switch to other units?? I can’t even see a full total for the month, or the list of upcoming payments, or an option to view all units or one specific unit — I literally cannot find anything 😂 this is terrible 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sara494 

For the benefit of those of us this hasn't affected yet, can you post here a screenshot of what happens when you tap the 'Insights' icon on the app? It should bring up a screen like the one I have posted above!

Cheers........Rob

Sure thing! Its terrible! Haha 

998BD49E-DB6D-474F-AD07-66A702FF9039.png

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sara494 

Oh my Lord, Sara, this is serious Kindergarten level stuff!

So, for absolutely no practical reason, we are going from this which works......

To this which is virtually useless........

screenshot 1.png

Every year hosting with Airbnb gets harder and harder. What was a clever platform program design with lots of nice features when I started 6 years ago has just about become unworkable. You can't vet guests, you can't send a special offer to a previous guest. The handy month calendar has disappeared from the message stream. 

Honestly Sara, if you gave this lot a brief to improve the humble pushbike, this is what they would come up with.......

6cbafd5315d7b43f1b5c9a04ecb994de.jpg

I am truly amazed by your revelation. It looks like the insights section on the app is now going to be about as much good as a 'pork pie in a synagogue'! 

Surely there has to be more to it than that, tell me you missed an icon to tap, give me something that makes sense.......please!

download.jpg

Cheers...........Rob

@James2631  @Samuel793  @Christina1105 

@Robin4 @James2631 @Sara494 @Samuel793 

Mine have just been consistently zeros across the board. I saw in another forum if you just want to see views in general, to turn OFF the performance tools and the old views tab will reappear. I did this and out of nowhere I saw 400 views whereas there have been all zero's with the performance tools enabled. I know views are not everything but I also though maybe I wasn't being found in search, even though several people confirmed I was in fact visible when they put in the search criteria.

It is a very popular area that is known to be always booked, however its been over a month and only 1 booking. Does anyone have any feedback on what I could change or update? Would love to hear your thoughts! I know that I have no reviews for this property as of yet given that it is new, however it does link to my other property with 13 good reviews - not sure if that is weighed the same when being considered as a vacation rental.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christina1105 

So it looks like there is no such thing as 'cause and effect' carried out on these programming alterations! The programmers it appears are given a design brief, the transition becomes a beta test which like an ocean wave takes over the community without a solitary word of explanation, reason or approval........and not a soul has thought to check out the alteration, put it to the test for unwanted glitches.

Wow, at times I think Airbnb succeeds in spite of itself, not because of itself.

It hasn't got to me yet so hopefully some commonsense will prevail and they will pull the plug on it before it gets to me!

Cheers..........Rob

Let's start our own vacation rental hosting company - owned by hosts, used by hosts.  I can't believe how incompetent the Airbnb website is for hosting. 

Nicholas669
Level 1
Elmhurst, IL

AGREE! At the very least it should allow the choice to switch from old insights to new ones. Completely not necessary to trash the old one. 

Erin5890
Level 2
Texas, United States

Agreed 100%- it’s completely worthless.   It had good ‘insights’ before and now the info is nothing I care about.   You can’t even look at a snapshot of the month to date??   Worthless- change it back.