TO REVIEW or NOT TO REVIEW. A pushy girlfriend as a third party booking.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

TO REVIEW or NOT TO REVIEW. A pushy girlfriend as a third party booking.

Hello, guys. I need your advice. An adult middle aged man booked his stay.
Delayed arrival three times.
American.
And then russian speaking woman recalled me and said in a very pushy tone that she's gonna show up with this guy in my apartment and I should be ready to welcome them both in 1 hour time.
Without any previous notification.

They guy wrote couple of days in advance he arrives at 20.00.
And then the girl says, no, we are on our way, we arrive at 17.00

I explained I take only 1 person.
She demanded the code from the house.
I said, the Guest recieved his code immediately after reservation, and he has they info in his correspondence. As I do not give any codes to third party representatives.

The middle aged man shows up.
While going through the process of registration he continues to ask me if he can bring his friends into the room: 
A WOMAN AND A CHILD.

I am sitting there thinking am I speaking to an adult or what?
It's clearly described "NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS".
And he is a genius, he says: "Oh, I'm such a traveller, such a traveller. My plans change so quickly".

So, today you don't have a girlfriend with a child. And tomorrow you do.
Well. what can i say. Lucky you. Great infantilism.

By the end the guy was very clean.
No additional guests.
But I am thinking of what to write in a review.
What would be your suggestion?
14 Replies 14
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Olga464 

I think the guy could not handle his new girlfriend.

But you could !

So everybody is happy now (except the girlfriend maybe)

So leave a nice review.

Best regards,

Emiel

@Emiel1  I thought the same, to be honest)))

I don't have any useful advice because I don't think anyone in their right mind would mess around with @Olga464 !

But yes, all that one can do in this situation is refuse the additional guests, and make clear that if the person who booked a room for 1 does not wish to stay there alone, he will have to cancel his booking as per the terms of your Cancellation Policy.

I'd also block the number of the pushy girlfriend and correspond only on Airbnb.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Olga464  didn't you already have a similar situation with a woman who booked your place to get rid of her boyfriend? ... or was it her husband? :)))

@Branka-and-Silvia0  there was A COLLEGUE  of the girl, who booked a business trip for her, a potential boyfriend. Yes, people are using my place to hide from other people)))) Because of the list of rules on 11 pages.  I's rather a RESQUE List of rules.

you see @Olga464 you found your business niche so use it as your selling point. Rename your listing in something like " A rescue hideaway hosted by Olga the guardian" :))

@Branka-and-Silvia0  The selling point is always the same: the location and the bleach.

I love the sense of humor, you gotta laugh sometimes at life, people and oneself.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Olga464 ,

nothing remarcable what happened to You if You compare it to other incidents that happen on airbnb. Ok, Your guest tried to sneak in 1 ½ extra people. Here's a case where a guest booked for 4 people and showed up with 200.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Who-would-agree-to-host-120-to-250-people-at-single-family-...

And here's a case where gangsters had a shooting in the hosts listing and left 42 bulletholes in the walls.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-rejected-to-pay-220-000-in-damage-for-a-SHOOTING-...

Compared to these cases what happened to You isn't a big deal really. In the end Your guest didn't sneak in anybody and guns weren't involved at all.

My advise to You: On the day You write Your review get up in the morning, make Yourself a nice cup of coffee and a breakfast egg. If the egg is to Your liking, leave Your guest a good review. If You egg got a little too hard, leave him a bad review.

I know that has nothing to do with the stay of Your guest, but that's how guests often rate us. Why should we do it any different?

cc: @Branka-and-Silvia0 , @Anonymous  , @Emiel1 

@Ute42  Ute, I so much love your style)))) Thank you for your comment!

@Ute42   I'm surprised to hear the "cheer up, at least it's not Auschwitz" argument coming from someone who extensively campaigned about Airbnb's rating system while likening it to the torture and unlawful detention of prisoners at Guantánamo. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Guantanamo/m-p/754920

Should we just start linking those two examples in response to everyone who has a less extreme issue?

@Anonymous 

That's a comedy post that I've written. I forgot to mention it.

@Ute42  Don't worry, it got a good laugh. Other people's misfortune is hilarious! Only German could have the perfect word for that...

@Anonymous 

Yes, a german commtent for the gunshooting would be: "dumm gelaufen".