TOURS AND HOSTING

Marco2
Level 10
Ciampino, Italy

TOURS AND HOSTING

Do you think it is possible to offer tours to guests?

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Marco2,

Are you looking at offering tours for guests?  I do not believe there is a way to have the price added to your listing but I would definately mention it in your listing with your price.  You could also offer it to guests through the enquiry process and if they are interested, you could add it to their booking by offering a special rate and modifying the booking.  The only problem with that it Airbnb is making a percentage from your extra cost.

I hope this answers your question!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

No this is a mess.  Until recently there was a "Charge for a Paid Amenity" section to let you bill a guest for extras.  Airbnb did not make a commission out of that.  I used it for taxi fares, dinners and so on.  Very helpful.

It's now gone.  What you can do is use the resolution tool to get the extra payment.  But it isn't obviously resolution of a problem!  So if you know your guest well enough you can just tell them it is a trick to get a payment routed via Airbnb.  Very useful if they are from another country and Airbnb handles the payment.  

I think that "Charge for a Paid Amenity" section was very helpful.

Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

Sure you can at least discuss that. I offer private drivers, dinners, desert tours, guided tours, etc. etc. And make agreement for full payment upon arrival. NOT through AIRBNB as I need the funds directly to pay the driver, the camel boys, guides, and for the food.