Taking photos of property prior to guest check in (to use as leverage during claim disputes)

Jean118
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Taking photos of property prior to guest check in (to use as leverage during claim disputes)

Does anyone have their cleaning personnel take photos of the general state of the Airbnb property prior to guest check in?

I do, in order to back up any claims that - - as a host - - I may have to make once a guest checks out in order to show the home was in good

functional ,operating condition at the time it was turned over to the guest.

I generally just stand in on corner of each room and do general sweeping photo shots. . I am wondering if I should be 

getting more detailed shots though. . What are some of things hosts take photography shots of, prior to guest check in?

Jean

4 Replies 4
Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Jean118 we always take pictures of the main part of the apartment after cleaning (around 10 pictures) and after check-out if excessive mess and video when items are damaged or apartment left in a very bad state, we do both pictures and video. Same when I sent a work order to handyman sometimes I send a video/pictures of what needs to be fixed to make sure he gets it correctly, as English is not my 1st language so I make sure he get it correctly. We keep the pictures max 2 months and delete them after. 

We Airbnb and guests u need proof/to cover yourself all the time.

Patsy29
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

I like take photos of the room and bathroom after I clean the room and before the guest arrives. I send those photos to the guest via Airbnb messaging. It sets an expectation and level sets at the beginning of the stay.  I also let them know what I'm cleaning and when (around the house). And what's being maintained and when.  I also whenever possible walk through the room with them to make sure it meets their expectations. 

Simone634
Level 2
Stone Ridge, NY

I photograph the rooms and exterior areas as is an entrie house rental. I also do the interiors of drawers and cabinets in the kitchen for all of my cooking utensils and supplies.  It allows me to do an inventory as well as evidence for disputes my first of which I am in now.  

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I do a video walk through of the apartment, so a sweep through on every room that documents cleanliness, placement of furniture and objects.