Tax documents

Christina6
Level 3
Sunnyvale, CA

Tax documents

Tax Question: I can't get a copy of 1099s issued to me under accounts that I used to Co-Host on. Support is telling me it's a Privacy Issue. I'm just not getting it. I am the assigned taxpayer. I'm not asking for the Owner's tax info...just mine. The problem is that several owners no longer have access to my Payout Info on their account, since we have closed up shop on those homes.
I know that I can pay taxes according to the deposits into my account, but the IRS doesn't seem to like that. I've been doing that in past years, since I didn't even know that I was getting a 1099 on those accounts. I just got a letter from IRS saying that I have 1099s that I didn't account for on my 2018 taxes and they are trying to collect tax on that. I know we can amend and adjust where the income is declared, but I would like to stop this from happening in future years.
Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the 2020 1099s under all accounts?
1 Reply 1
Julian1516
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I am having the same issue from 2016 and 2017.  AirBnB charged income from other accounts that I do not control against my SSN and issues 1099s that the IRS is demanding payment for.  Did you find a way to resolve this?