Tax reports on remittance

Joy960
Level 2
Independence, MO

Tax reports on remittance

Airbnb collects and REMITS taxes for my area, for local city state, ect.  These are submitted by airbnb in a lump sum payment, which does not name how or whom they collected the taxes, and it is the responsibility of the host to report their individual rentals to the state tax division as well as the federal IRS, ( I'm in Missouri but imagine it's the same in all states), and Airbnb gave me their tax ID# when I called them.  I can find no way to report my taxes and show that airbnb collected and remitted the taxes!  Everyway I have found to report my sales leaves the state thinking I still owe the taxes, in other words double billing.  Should I file AIRBNB'S tax # from my address, I am certain that can't be correct, but how do I claim my portion of the sales tax submitted.  It is literally the only way to prove our business income, and Neither airbnb not my state has given me an answer, help if you know what form to file, or how to add both tax IDs onto my tax report!  I have already received a penalty from the state for not filing  and spoken to the state at least 10 times, still don't know what to do?  It is my opinion that Airbnb should absolutely provide the instructions on which forms to file, to what offices, and when they should be filed if they take the money, because it is making legitimate hosts that have submitted their tax IDs look like idiots!

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Fullerbeds
1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Joy960 I suggest you consult a CPA in your area who is familiar with these questions. My CPA reports the total tax due, then deducts the amount paid by Airbnb. (Airbnb pays state, but not county, taxes in my localities.)