Taxes in San Antonio

Manuel297
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Taxes in San Antonio

Hello,

Does any one know what taxes should be charged to guests in San Antonio, TX? Occupacy taxes and any other taxes?

Thank you,

Manuel

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Manuel297 Airbnb will automatically collect and remit taxes in Texas.  See this link: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/653/in-what-areas-is-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by-...

You should contact the appropriate authority in San Antonio to see if they require additional taxes on top of what the state requires. 

You can see how the guests are charged for the Texas taxes by going to your calendar and selecting a range of dates that are available. 

In the box next to the calendar, scroll down to the link that says "What do guests pay?"  There you will see exactly what a guest sees on their check out page.  

Also, you will be able to see what amounts Airbnb has collected for Occupancy taxes in the Gross Earnings section of your Transaction History.  

Hope this helps!

Clare

Thyank you Clare

City of San Antonio is 9% and Bexar County is 1.75% You also need to add 6% to Texas state.  For City of San Antonio and Bexar County, the report is months before the 20th or penalty, Texas State you pay each quarter.   We removed our home form this site because we are not allowed to collect the taxes, maybe because Airbnb makes more money if we do not collect the taxes, but then we the homeowners get in trouble.  Other sites allow you to add the tax percent to the guest quote, 16.75% is a lot,  but that's the law. 

Hi Beatriz, 

I an setting up a home for short term rental, I wonder if this site ever fixed the collection of the taxes ?

Hi Airbnb Hosts! I found this petition that I believe is in the benefit of all Short Term Rental owners in San Antonio.

Please show your support by signing this petition that is aimed at having the city sign an agreement with Airbnb that will increase the cities tax revenue by $200,000 a month for improvements to the city while also no longer forcing people renting their homes to pay a 10.75% tax out of our own pockets that would be passed on to the guests visiting the city if anagreement was in place. This petition is trying to drive awareness of this issue, and nobody seems to notice that the city is losing millions a year in taxes from tourists and rental owners are losing thousands of $'s a year because the city hasn't gotten an agreement signed with Airbnb like 370 other local governments have across the US (including the state of Texas)!

Manuel297
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Hi Airbnb Hosts! I found this petition that I believe is in the benefit of all Short Term Rental owners in San Antonio.

Please show your support by signing this petition that is aimed at having the city sign an agreement with Airbnb that will increase the cities tax revenue by $200,000 a month for improvements to the city while also no longer forcing people renting their homes to pay a 10.75% tax out of our own pockets that would be passed on to the guests visiting the city if anagreement was in place. This petition is trying to drive awareness of this issue, and nobody seems to notice that the city is losing millions a year in taxes from tourists and rental owners are losing thousands of $'s a year because the city hasn't gotten an agreement signed with Airbnb like 370 other local governments have across the US (including the state of Texas)!

We recently started our Airbnb and had to pay City taxes and found it unfair. Is there any update on this?