Taxes in my area

Jes11
Level 2
Fairbanks, AK

Taxes in my area

I live in North Pole AK.  Not in the city proper but in the Fairbanks North Star Borough.  I recently started an air bnb.  In my listing there is not an area to put in the 8% bed tax.  I asked Air bnb about this and it was suggested that I just put it in the other information about the house and request the taxes through the resolution center.  I did all that and I'm still getting blowback from clients saying they don't need to pay because Air bnb already charged them taxes (it's the air bnb taxes, not our local bed tax).  I was also told that I need to contact my local authorities to ask them to call Air bnb to have it put in.  I am perplexed because Anchorage, another AK city has it in their listings.  It was also suggested that I just raise my rate and denote that it includes taxes.  I'm not sure how to list it as it doesn't let you put any words with the cost.  Someone else said to include it in the "tax" section of the site, which I would gladly do, if there was one on my site for my area, but it doesn't exist (that I've found).  If someone could please educate me I would totally appreciate it.  Like I said, I'm fairly new to this and I am not having the best of luck with this whole "collecting taxes" thing. 

1 Reply 1
Paul1839
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

When I bought My business license this year and asked about the bed tas they told Airbnb took care of it.  I haven't found out how they do "take care of it".