Taxes

Charlotte41
Level 3
Austin, TX

Taxes

I just receive a call from the TX comptrollers office. They told me the taxes for the third quarter had not been paid. Airbb is supposed to collect and pay  the TX tax. I called customer service and they sent me to a general reporting site that has me concerned. 

4 Replies 4
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Charlotte41 Did you submit the form showing that no tax was due?

Air bb is supposed to collect the tax and pay it. We are out of it. They did so for period 1 and 2

@Charlotte41 No, abb only started collecting May 1. And my understanding was that as a registered entity that I would still be responsible for submitting the form with a “no tax due” notation. 

I also rent on HomeAway so I still turn in the form withHA info and leave off abb figures. But if I ever have a qtr w no HA and all abb, then I would send in the “no tax due” form. They expect to receive a report from every registered party every quarter. 

Charlotte, 

I'm wondering if your local tax issue has been solve? I an host in AZ since 2014, and is a partner of a CPA firm specizlized in Airbnb/short-term rental taxes:

https://tempetaxoffice.com/

We currently in 2017 tax season offers a free 20-min CPA consultation for Airbnb hosts. Please feel free to take advantage of it. Please note tax preparation fee can be deducted as our rental business expense.:)

Best,

Lydia