Tech Support says we have to delete our SuperHost account and start all the way over to fix the HSR problem?? Has anyone had this problem

David-And-Katie1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Tech Support says we have to delete our SuperHost account and start all the way over to fix the HSR problem?? Has anyone had this problem

We are SuperHosts in Los Angeles. The City OF LA gave us an HSR number that somehow will not work on the Airb&b site.   Airb&b has punished us by locking our account into 30+ day only stays. We have very few bookings now.

We've explained over and over to Airb&b that the we've had the city of LA verify TWICE that the HSR number we have is CORRECT. But there's some kind of glitch on the tech side of the Airb&b site that rejects our HSR number. 

Tech support has been baffled by this.....but the only solution they can come up with is that we should DELETE our account and just start all the way over from scratch....meaning we lose our great reviews, and SuperHost status.

Has anyone else had this problem? Surely there is a better solution. We are losing so much money!

Best,

Katie and David in Los Angeles

4 Replies 4
Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@David-And-Katie1 I wonder if you can just create a new listing and once it gets off the ground running, delete the old listing? Your previous reviews are still accessible under your profile to guests for listings you’ve deleted. Also you will maintain your super host status. 

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Yeah- start a new one- the other listing and old reviews will still be active. You can even explain in the new listing that you are "rebooting" the same listing for to a tech issue.

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

But to reiterate, it's ridiculous that they can't solve it in their platform and are asking you to start over.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @David-And-Katie1 

I'm sorry you had this issue with the team. I forwarded the details you wrote here to them and will update you via DM as soon as I have a response.

Thanks

Nick