Templates

Ros52
Level 10
Durban, South Africa

Templates

Hi fellow Airbnb hosts. I would like to know if you save templates to make responding easier and if so please may you share your templates with me.

Much appreciated,

Ros

6 Replies 6

Yes!!! But I can't take all the credit. iGMS has a feature that lets me prepare things like check-in info by creating templates. You should try it - they have a free trial. https://www.igms.com/

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Ros52, I have a number of saved messages, which is a huge time saver. I'm assuming you know how to save messages? I won't post the full details of all my saved messages because these are specific to my listing, but just to give you an idea, I have the following:

Instant booking

Hi XXX and thank you so much for booking - I look forward to welcoming you into my home! You are welcome to check in anytime from 3pm to 7pm but please do let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to greet you. To ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, I do have a flexible cancellation policy. Otherwise, I'll be in touch closer to the date with arrival details. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Best wishes, Kath

Booking request (accept)

As above, but starting with 'I'm happy to accept your request and I look forward to welcoming you into my home!'

Booking enquiry (Preapprove)

As above, but with 'To ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay, please spend a moment reading the listing details and house rules carefully - if you feel they might not be a good fit for you, there is no obligation to proceed with the booking'.

Booking assumption (this is for when people send a request to book, but their initial message is written as if it is a confirmed booking e.g. 'we'll be there at 5pm'):

Hi xxx and thanks for your request. Please be aware that this is only a request at this stage and not a confirmed booking. Since this is my home, If you could give me a few details about yourself, the purpose of your visit and who is travelling with you, that would be appreciated. Also, to ensure you're fully satisfied with your stay, please confirm that you have read the listing and house rules carefully to ensure they are a good fit for your needs. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Best wishes, Kath

Booking request (withdraw) (edited according to situation)

Dear xx, thanks so much for your interest in my listing. Unfortunately I cannot make exceptions to my strict no-children rule because my dog is intolerant of small children and I cannot expose them to the risk of being bitten. Because Airbnb penalises hosts for declining requests, I respectfully ask that you withdraw your request. Otherwise, I will have to approve your request, but under the condition that only adults will be checking in. If this is not suitable for you , you will have 48 hours to cancel your booking without charge. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck finding a more suitable property. Kind regards, Kath

Arrival details (sent 2 days before guest arrives):

Hi XXX, I'm just touching base with a few details for your arrival. Check in time is 3pm-7pm. If you haven't done so already, please let me know what time you expect to arrive so I can plan my day and make sure I am home to meet you. 

The rest follows with specific details about arriving, how to navigate my rollercoaster of a driveway, where to park, how to access front door, etc.

Check in if not home

How to access house and find room etc. if I cannot be there to greet them.

Hope that helps!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing these @Kath9 

This is a great resource for newer hosts.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Agreed with @Helen3 . @Kath9  this is an excellent set of preset responses and would help newbies no end! 

Thanks so much for sharing,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Kath9 

I agree with the previous replies, great resource Kath

Here are some templates for after checkout. https://www.igms.com/vacation-rental-reviews-with-emails/