Terms: 10. Ratings and Reviews

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Terms: 10. Ratings and Reviews

10. Ratings and Reviews

10.1 [...] Ratings and Reviews are not verified by Airbnb for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading.

So why ratings are counted in the KPIs of an host? And if rating accuracy isn't checked how can be decided that the KPI of an host are real and accurate, and so how they can be used to deactivate a listing

10.2 Ratings and Reviews by Guests and Hosts must be accurate[...]

How do you know they are accurate if above is stated that AirBnB do not verify the accuracy?

Most of the time that I get a 4 or a 3, it's because the guest didn't read the listing nor the house's rules. How can be accurate a 3 in accuracy to the lack of WiFi which in the listing is stated that it's not provided? It's not a matter of fair or unfair, it's something objective, I mean every guest in this way can leave a bad reating because I don't know, you do not have a special access for wheelchair but your listing says that you do not have it and they book anyway.

The AirBnB star rating system is one of the most creepy "organized" quality control I've never seen, even worst, 'cause most of the time you don't know why you receive a specific low rating, because the reason it's not speficied and so accurate or no, real or unreal, even the most willing private host have some problem to understand them.

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@David-Erik0

You will find many similar threads on here, short version is that it is what it is.

I am sure AirBnB are aware of its limitations but it is all they have, they could cut out the stupid messages.

David