Terms & Conditions of Airbnb

Jakub-A-Markéta0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Terms & Conditions of Airbnb

Hello, 

I have been solving the problem with Airbnb team. The guest hasnt cancelled the reservation. He had the reservation from the 28th xx to 2nd xx. We have contacted him several times with no answer before arrival. Days and on the date of arrival we contacted him even to contacts from his profile, means by telephone with no answer at all. My wife stayed there a whole day and night at 28-29th xx in case they arrive. The accommodation was booked for guest so we coulnt offer it to anyone. On the 5th xxx the guest had contacted us with claim for refund so we rejected because he didnt communicate with us, the accommodation was available a whole period due he didnt cancelled the accommodation. Airbnb team came with resolutions and deducted us a whole amount (the peak season New Years Eve) due to Airbnb policy - his wife according to host document had medical problems from the 24th xxx. It means days before arrival.

Finally by 9th xxx Airbnb team cancelled the reservation instead of guest. They told me they are allowed to cancel the reservation (even after one week when the finished the periond of accommodation) according the Airbnb conditions. 

I have been arguing with Airbnb people whose reffering me to Airnb conditions where is clearly that guest to inform host AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if knows he/she would not arrive. On the same time if you want to claim refund you have to cancel the reservation first.

SourceURL:https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1339/how-do-i-file-an-extenuating-circumstances-claim

I dont know what I should do if the guest didnt follow the Airbnb conditions and Airbnb people claim to me that I dont read the conditions properly. 

Please any advise?

Jakub

1 Reply 1
Jakub-A-Markéta0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hello, thanks. Everything has being solved out. Hope it would be a nice other year at Airbnb. It is nice to be in such nice community.