Terrible Customer Service week of August 19th

Diane749
Level 2
Saskatoon, Canada

Terrible Customer Service week of August 19th

I have had a terrible experience with Air BNB the last week of August 19, 2019  First they changed an account setting that allowed Instant Bookings, and I received a booking that I tried to cancel but the guest wanted to stay amid some housekeeping issues that were serious enough to warrant them not to stay.  She personally used my phone number for texting so that is all recorded.  

Then I had a second booking for 3 weeks well over $2,000.00 the guest checked in.  Then over three hours later today after checkin of 12pm(noon)  I receive a message form Air BNB saying they cancelled the reservation due to non -payment.  No notification except the booking yesterday, I accepted.  I brought this to their attention this morning when I looked and saw "Awaiting payment".  Over six hours later from initial inquiry and after guest checked in was I advised they cleared my calendar however left the calendar booked until now then removed it.  Now I have a problem right?  Anyone know whom at Air BNB dale with the disaster occurring there lately.

21 Replies 21

This post is about Air BNB and the lack of customer service and the amount of "crap" the past week with reservations, etc... ratings last month, etc... I appreciate you repeating yourself and if you feel better I am dealing with it, I always do. This line is about the amount of problems from Air BNB, have you experienced anything like poor customer service, etc...?

@Diane749  Just saw this post.... I've called Airbnb customer service twice regarding guests and they have always been amazing. Although I have heard a lot of other horror stories. Good luck! Hope you finally talk to someone who can help! 

Air BNB was fine up until four booking ago and the nonsense began. It hasn't stopped and I think that there is a liability issue, which should be concerning to them but no response, all day!

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Diane749  Doesn't sound like Airbnb is trying to help with this problem at all..

From what I gather from your comments ;

1. The guest payment never went through

2. Airbnb cancelled their reservation

3. The guest is still at the house

Has Airbnb not reached out to the guest advising them their stay was cancelled and they are to leave the property?

If Airbnb cancelled this reservation, I would be surprised if they reimburse you for the costs of the guest still being there.

I'd ask the guest to leave myself (bring a friend with you) and if you run into an issue, then call the police.

This does not sound normal for Airbnb and most definitely could be a scam (from the guest). 

That is correct 1,2,3. No Air BNB has fallen silent. It is not a scam I have spoken to the guest but not addressing that here.  The headline is terrible customer service, is anyone else experiencing this level of crap?

@Diane749  I'm sorry you're having these problems, but if you had been participating in these forums on a regular basis, instead of just coming here for the first time because you are having difficulties and then berating other posters who are trying to offer you helpful advice, you would be well aware that almost everyone, hosts and guests alike report infuriating, incompetent and frustrating dealings with CS. Sometimes you luck out and get a rep who actually knows what they are talking about and works to help you, but it's really the luck of the draw. Airbnb will not be in the running for any customer service awards.

WOW! So you are not inclusive but exclusive.  You want to throw shade because for the first time I have had some issues and reach out to the public forum. WTH! I have not berated anyone but asked questions and received great answers and a dialogue is simply an exchange of ideas, how you interpret that is on you not me. Good thing you're not on the welcoming commitee! (shade back) If you have nothing nice to say or add go find someone else to "blame"/