Thank you Milton Sterilising Fluid

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Thank you Milton Sterilising Fluid

Just found another use for this wonder fluid.

This morning my guest checked out, lovely young lady, only here for the 1 night, but was very easy to host for. Joined in with supper, helped to wash up and clear the table. Along with the other guests we had a most enjoyable evening.

The guest checked out and I went upstairs to clean the room and prep it for this evenings guest only to be met with bloody sheets, ok these things happen, no problem except I did not have any white vinagar and could not use bleach as it would strip the dye in the egyptian cotton sheets.

Thankfully I had read on the forum never to use hot water as it would set the stain.

Now I have used Miltons Sterilising fluid before on tea cups, coffee cups etc and is quick to clean ... so why not blood stains.

A couple of squirts of neat liquid, left it to do its job for 5 mins, another squirt and then scrub, 10 mins later stain has gone and clean sheets.

Just in case cold wash in washing machine hung out to dry.

All I can say is this stuff is magical and has saved me having to spend £'s on new sheets

5 Replies 5
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Glad you found something that worked in a pinch! I've learned so much about stain treatment in the last 4 years of hosting. 

Hydrogen peroxide is my go-to for blood stains.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Chris232 for sharing this, it is a handy tip. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just added it to my shopping list - many thanks!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Chris232 @Rachel0

Hi to you both,

There is a product here in Australia called Sards Wonder Soap and it is also available in England through the Oz Shop Sanza.

IMG20180918161836.jpg

It is unbelievable at getting stains out. I have even removed blood and wine stains from sheets that have been hot washed by mistake! Just takes a little more elbow grease but, there is not a stain that this product won't shift. It is not a bleach so can be used on colours safely.

It will not have any positive effect on bleached areas so is no good on nail polish remover, but wine, blood, suntan lotion, grass, even shoe polish, this product cannot be beaten....and I have tried everything else that is available.

I have not lost a single article to stain and there is no way I would be without this product.

According to their website here are the active constituents........

Sards ingredients.png

I think I might send a copy of this to Sards and see if I can get a few freebies!

Cheers......Rob

Very helpful tip Chris thanks for that! This has happened to me several times and bleach discolours even white sheets