That Airbnb 'ping': I got a booking!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That Airbnb 'ping': I got a booking!

My first booking (in an otherwise empty calendar) just came through. A light at the end of a very dark tunnel? Who knows. But it's certainly lifted my spirits. Just not sure where to put my desk/screens/office-y stuff now that I'm working from home full-time. 

62 Replies 62
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a shame because B-town (Brighton) is usually know for being quite peaceful but accessible to people of all types. Brits have just headed to coast in droves of late. @Michelle1709 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie

He’s in Bournemouth rather than Brighton.  Well, it’s a bit of a spectacle, but thankfully not the norm. It’s tough to defeat your instinct in perfect beach weather I think.

Wishing you everything well with your maternity x @Stephanie 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah, well I adore Bournemouth - but it is UK's best beach (according to several reputable publications.) If there wasn't a pandemic on, I'd have been down there too. Thanks @Michelle1709 , hopefully will bring the little one for a splash in the near future and a tour the Oceanarium 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

One old IKEA advertising about the "Sunny Beach":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAN47TgAj0

This is how the Sunny Beach looks now:

https://www.flagman.bg/news/2020/06/12/159197084666631.JPG

Empty! Only gypsies, some feral cats and gulls.

We still went swimming and to the beach during lockdown @Dimitar27 and unless one has symptoms of been seriously unwell is no reason people across the world shouldn't be enjoying quiet enjoyment in life in a harmonious manner.

There was no laws in place to prevent people lawfully going about one's life.

Sad to see beaches empty when they are a health resort to keep well.

Tables are turning with a twist in life..

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Brilliantly funny video, @Dimitar27. The 'now' far less so. I spent a week at Golden Sands last year (v nice) and assume it's fairing similarly to Sunny Beach. Here's to a brighter future. 

"Golden Sands" is 100 km North from the Sunny Beach and is a very different kind of resort. If you don't like loud parties, alcohol, crowded night clubs and drunk people from all around the world 24/7 nearby...Sunny Beach is not your place 🙂

@Dimitar27  Hee hee, snicker, teenage grand daughters never pull that sh*t with their grannies. What they might do around their parents ain't Grandma Sally's problem. Heh heh.  Golden beach sounds lovely.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Gordon0,

Yesterday, we received our first reservation since going on hiatus in March.  They are coming for an extended weekend during the Independence Day holiday. I have gotten very rusty with staying focused while cleaning.  In preparation of hosting again, I started cleaning the apartment this past Saturday, and planned to time the duration to clean according to the enhanced cleaning protocol.  I was too easily distracted, and took too many breaks to make an accurate measure of time.  Oh well, I will just have to try again after the guests leave.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

All the very best @Debra300 for a smooth sailing experience with your guests.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

From across the miles in New Zealand 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Pleased for you @Gordon0. I’ve heard that ping twice in the last week. My last two bookings being cancelled.....  😞

Our borders are still closed, along with their airline different flights cancelled. No planes / no entry / 14 days of quarantine = just doesn’t work with bookings for eight or nine days.

I’m  just not so sure if I want the pressure for August and September, with the added buffer dates in between bookings. Because that’s when our tourist season usually comes to a finish. (Start May-end of Sept).

So there goes 2020. 📉

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sad to hear that, @Cathie19, Australia has had a tough time of late. We were there in January in the midst of the fires and weeks before CV19 would become a big thing. I remember sitting at a bar in Ballarat (of all places) telling each other it wouldn't affect us. 

Stay safe and well. 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

I'm from the backward country that isn't going to be on the E.U list of allowed visitors (not that I blame them one bit) We are having a rise in cases in California, mostly driven by the inland counties in the bottom of the state  but there's a nasty outbreak at our local prison, San Quentin,  I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better, what a year! I'm glad that things are on the mend for other parts of the world. Stay well, stay strong.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We're not held up as shining examples ourselves, @Sally221, so I feel for you. I've visited NYC for my birthday in December every year since the late 1990s, but I think I'm going to miss this one. And our January holiday in Thailand doesn't feel watertight either.  

Stay well yourselves.    

This was going to be the year I finally visited New York, sniffle. I hope the jazz clubs will come back someday, even if I never see them.