That Airbnb 'ping': I got a booking!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That Airbnb 'ping': I got a booking!

My first booking (in an otherwise empty calendar) just came through. A light at the end of a very dark tunnel? Who knows. But it's certainly lifted my spirits. Just not sure where to put my desk/screens/office-y stuff now that I'm working from home full-time. 

62 Replies 62
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Brilliant news, @Debra300. Make (plenty of) hay when the sun shines!
I have fond memories of Saint Lucia from trips there many years ago. A magical place.  

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Gordon0 , This does seem like a proper Independence day for so many of us for sure.  First and foremost, I give respect for the significance of the day here in the US, our first freedoms we hold dear!  Second, Our Airbnb step brothers and sisters across the pond get to restart their lives again at least a bit.  Third, although we have never shut down, we've only booked sporadically, this weekend for the first time since December, we have been fully booked in both guest suites and the Glamper, 100%, no vacancy at Bearpath Lodging!  So the magical sound of an Airbnb Ping warning of a booking will soon be followed by a most desirable  Ching Ching sound of our virtual cash register getting warmed up for what I hope is a banner season!  

God bless, keep and protect us all Old. Young and otherwise as we move forward and reclaim our rightful places again as members of the human community as we must (with masks for now)!  Amen...

Keep well all, JR

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Just got MY first 'ping'! - For 3 days hence. - It's Mr Chatterbox, back for a second visit, 1 night again, wanting to resume the house hunting he began in March. He volunteered to bring mask & sanitizer.... Last time we spent hours at the dining table, consuming umpteen mugs of tea, & perusing estate agents particulars..... A real challenge for my first guest post hiatus.....