That special Airbnb sound is gone

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

That special Airbnb sound is gone

My iPhone updated last night, and today, Airbnb notifications are accompanied by a sound just like any other notification.  Not that other sound that @Gordon0  mentioned recently.  Can't get that one back.  I liked it because it was different from all the other notification sounds so I knew it was an Airbnb message.  Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a way to fix it?

52 Replies 52
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Yes @Ann72 I miss the old 'Airbnb Ching Ching' sound, sounded like a cash register, at least to me.

@Fred13  😂  Yes!!! 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Yes I noticed that too. Would be good to get it back. Some things are better left unchanged!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Ann72  @Fred13  I've just discovered that the new notification sound is the same as my security cameras 😞 

@Colleen253  That’s not good.  Your psyche will be in a perpetual state of conflict.  “Is it a booking or a break-in?”

No good indeed @Colleen253. Instead of your heart jumping with glee (like in the past), now goes into alarm. Big difference. 😄

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's one of the few 'nice' reminders of Airbnb, but I'll be sad if it has gone, @Ann72

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Fred13 @Gordon0 @Colleen253  If only we could give it a Pink Floyd ringtone - then we'd know where we stood when it came in.

@Ann72  Ooh, I like that. If we could choose,  I might actually go with a little Ozzy and Crazy Train mine! Fits ‘Airbnb 2020’ rather well.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Which Pink Floyd song @Ann72 ?

@Fred13 @Gordon0 @Colleen253 

There concert here in Auckland a moons ago was well worth attending.

How about an Elvis Presley tune?

Or Neil Diamond 💎?

@Helen427  “Money.”

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Probably some cost cutting measure- maybe cost a dollar more for a custom notification sound rather than a generic one 🤑

Imagine if Airbnb would have a different sound for an Inquiry and a different one for a Request. Now how cool that would be.

@Fred13  It would likely glitch out and switch the Request sound with the Inquiry sound every so often 🙂