The Client continues to call and send sms during 20 min after his official cancellation (midnight)

Answered!
Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The Client continues to call and send sms during 20 min after his official cancellation (midnight)

I recieved an order yesterday around midnight, instant book (23:42 on 8th of July 2019). That was THE VERY LAST MINUTE BOOKING AT MIDNIGHT.

The client ordered a room and called me on my registered telephone number right after.

Turned out to be there gonna be more people than 1 allowed by my listing.

The client was very agressive in his telephone conversation. He told me ( the owner) that he doesn't wanna see me in my own apartment as he's gonna be not alone (23:42, almost midnight, where should i put myself.... in a closet....?).

As I serve bookings coming from 1 person only (and I am a superhost for the 3rd time already during 1 year, it's my first year on airbnb), I told him I can accept him as a guest, with no additional visitors.

The client officially cancelled. And then continued calling and sending me sms during 20 minutes, trying to reveal the exact concrete address of my physical stay.

I found it very dangerous as the client said before he's not gonna be alone. If the client officially cancelled that means the end of story. He made his choice.

So, I didn't answer any future calls or sms from him, after the exact moment he made his official cancellation on the site.

The next day (today, 9th of July 2019) the russian department gave money back to the client. And I am asking russian and american departments now to refund my money for this order, because I find this type of clients behavior to be very dangerous. I offered Airbnb team to request the sound copy of the telephone conversation from the telephone company to actually hear what type of client we are dealing with.

Plus, I have strict cancellation rules. I do not return money.

What is your opinion on this case?

I have all the photo proofs of all calls and sms recieved from this client ( I sent it to airbnb already, to both, russian and american departments). But I want your opinion.

I have the most central location in the capital and serve around the clock. Business class room at 30 bucks a night per 1 person only.

1 Best Answer
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Stephanie @Olga464 

How ever did this case go as far as it ever has?

An abusive guest books accommodation at short notice unsuitable for the quantity of guests the accommodation is listed for and then after insisting the host is not present in her own home and cancellation by the guest he abuses and terrorises the host for which Airbnb reward the guest by giving a 100% refund ?

Rewarding guests in this way does not support hosts in any way, instead it rewards guests to be expectant and demanding. If this is what Airbnb want to promote, then they're doing a fabulous job. This is not just scandalous, but equally newsworthy.

Can somebody at Airbnb, please, just get real and see whats going on with the hosts they acclaim as Superhosts for ongoing great service and give them some support and credibility ?

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39

So, @Olga464  your guest booked, then wrote you a message, you responded to the message, he received your response, read it and called you, shouted on you and canceled the reservation.

For all of the above, he needed 9 MINUTES and in those 9 minutes he also had some kind of medical accident  and was able to get a full refund based on "extenuating circumstances"

Really interesting chain of events... I would say almost impossible!

@Branka-and-Silvia0 everything is in the system. All fixed.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Olga464 

Yes, my point was that you should have had your situation dealt with immediately and fairly, and not need to revert to a discussion community in order to obtain a fair case review.

Rob534
Level 1
Bergen, Norway

airbnb

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

1) This is exactly why I pushed by last-minute booking time back to 9pm.   Anything later and you get undesirable situations.

2) You really want to minimize the pain/disruption any such situation causes you.

3) does the money really matter,  in a scenario such as this?  They booked they cancelled within minutes.

4) Report the guest for unwanted contact / harassment.

5) ABB does not devote enough resources to this forum;  it is unlikely anyone from ABB reads any individual thread here.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

This is ridiculous... @Olga464  MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!  If your building is so amazing been doing it for 150yrs and you host presidents and vice presidents and Embassey staff, Elvis Presley. Why do you care about such a small booking? WHY?  move on with your life... Let them cancel and move on with you life. Why do you care about $34?

@Nina75  Because I represent the decent level of cleanness. Not the mess. Judging by your reaction, my review is excellent.

@Nina75  sorry, the answer is not for this thread. But, yes, our discipline is very strict and we care about each single dollar. That's why we are in business for 150 years already.

Thats the problem with you new AirBnb hosts you want to grab all the money!! MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!! I WANT IT ALL!!!!

жадный