The Guest asks the Host to order him a prostitute as the service is cheaper for locals.

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The Guest asks the Host to order him a prostitute as the service is cheaper for locals.

We had a guest from the  Mid East yesterday in our guest house who asked one of the hosts to order him a prostitute because the price for local clients is cheaper than for the foreign clients.  What would your reaction be to such request from the Guest? (foreigners are overpaying 30 bucks more per act)

5 Replies 5
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I suppose a lot would depend on how legal sex work is in your location. It's not legal here, so I'd be pretty pissed that they had the gall to ask me to arrange such a thing. I wouldn't allow them to bring a sex worker to my house; I'd cancel the reservation if necessary.

If it were legal here I'd think they were being very cheap! I still wouldn't be involved but I wouldn't feel so put-out by them involving me or my property in an illegal transaction.

Cynthia475
Level 5
California, United States

Not something I would be involved in, legal or not.  This is not like recommending a restaurant or a place to get their hair cut.  My response "Happy to help with any questions you may have regarding the home or the local area.  But your current request goes above and beyond my local experience."

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

@Cynthia475 @Allison2  Well, our rental experience brings more and more surprises on a daily basis.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Olga464 Maybe just ask them if they have some discount coupons available that you can give your guests so you don't have to be the middle man.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Olga464 ,

Oh dear, not what you want to happen at all! In this situation, we would always advise that your please give Airbnb CS a call to let them know about this guests behaviour.

Please let us know if you need any further help on this one, as I think it's best to close this thread, on that note.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines