The Guest never showed up in the house, then dropped a quick line that his plans changed, ...

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The Guest never showed up in the house, then dropped a quick line that his plans changed, ...

and he's flying away out of the country already. That his 30 bucks payment will arrive anyway. Said to me that I may not wait for him and save the room for the next client ( here I should also add, that the client was so hard to reach, that we had to involve american support team, as the client was ignoring all of our messages in chat, and we were waiting for him till the evening). And the next day, just tonight, I am getting sms from this client on my private phone (not even through the airbnb chat) where he is saying that I have horrible service, I will never be succesful in rental business, and that my profession is having no value ( analyst for police department/ pics of sms sent to my privat tel number are also applied to airnb help department). And he leaves even some review. I didn't leave the review back yet, as I am so confused after that sms. I see no logics in writing him a reviews as i do not understand hisvbehavior yet.  Especially as he has no reviews at all. But I asked airbnb department to explain the user that his behavior is not logical and even descriminating.  And I asked to remove his whatever non logical  review. He didn't ask for money back. It's written in our profile that our rules are strict and we invest incoming finances into our 150 years old one of the oldest guest houses in Europe. We never even spoke on the phone. The correspondence in chat is very standard and official. But this is the first time when client writes: "yes yes yes, agree to all". Then never shows up. And later leaves you with bad review and sms sent to the private number with humiliating stuff. Have you ever been facing it?

13 Replies 13
Tina706
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I began to host with airbnb in March this year, 2019. In July I became a super host. I was loving it until the 9th of August when a group that booked my place arrived. Problem started right from the moment they stepped in. They complained about everything in house - the sitting room is small, the dining is small, the carpet is dull, the chandlier is old, etc. She accused me that the picture I put online is different. We had to pull up the picture and confirmed that every thing in the house is exactly what I have online. Then she said my online pictures were deceptive that she would leave a horrible feed back for me. After much blabbing, we both agreed that she cancels her booking as I was too upset by her remarks. I contacted Airbnb and accepted that she cancels with a full refund and I had thought that would be the end of the problem. When I got an email to review her  I didn't bother since she cancelled and I wasn't expecting a review from her either. Behold two weeks later, I got a horrible review. I called airbnb to remove this review because this guest cancelled and got her 100% refund. Airbnb refused, they said she had the right to write her review even without staying in my property just also have the right too, but unfortunately didn't use mine. They advised me to explain what happened below her review which I have done but her horrible comments and one star rating has impacted on my freshly earned super host status. I have been angry with airbnb. Please has anybody had similar experience and do you think Airbnb handled this case rightly?

Thanks,

Tina

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Tina706

i am so sorry this happened. 

Read the review and unfortunately it does not violate the contents policy in my opinion (am just a host like yourself). 

The truth is, is that these things sometimes happen and to everyone- no matter how experienced and beautiful your home is (which it is). You responded so this is great but unless the guest tried to extort money from you for a good review and you have proof of this - then it will stand. 

Just keep on going- and remember to block them, no one needs that type of energy in their home! 

Good luck to you! 

Yadira 🙂

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Olga464 

You've published Your thread on August 27 at 10:26 pm and You said the guest left You a review, but I didn't find a review of this person on Your profile.

Did airbnb take it down?

@Ute42  Took a lot of efforts. They did (slander chapter). They flagged. They apologized a lot of times.

Olga is always complaining.

Kevin1056
Level 6
Los Angeles, CA

Olga why are you always complaining???? Isn't this your family business or something? Stop complaining.

@Kevin1056  Kevin, you spend too much attention to my family money.

Who mentioned money... If your family had money maybe you wouldn't be fighting for $30 so hard??? Lol $30

@Kevin1056  here you go again. You speak of money. I speak of algorythm of behavior. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464 

Hope you are well. 

Any pointers you could give either myself or @Tina706 as to get certain reviews like these down? 

I would really appreciate it- thank you. 

Yadira 🙂

@Yadira22  Well, in my case the client fully lied about his situation. He wrote  that he cancelled the order in 3 minutes after he made it and I rejected to give the money back. But in fact he never cancelled and we have been waiting on him for 3 hours during the day of his arrival. He never showed up, he never answered russian help line. Only american operator. When US guys finally reached him, he dropped me the line afterwards, after the US operator asked him to inform me abut his plans changed as I am sitting and waiting on him, saying his flight changed and his payment will arrive anyway. He apologized for informing me at last moment. He was very polite in correspondence. I never spoke on the phone with him. Only chat, which contained the same info as in the ad. He never read the ad, wrote completely  false review where he lied about his cancellation. And he got flagged by airbnb. Airbnb apologized a lot for his behavior. The review on me sounded like that (russian/english):

“Russian: Ужасное впечатление. Все началось с того что в обьявлении нечетко и не понятно написано что это комната в квартире где живет сама хозяйка. Я например не люблю жить с кем то в квартире. После заказа Ольга прислала мне письмо размером в километр(да да , договор на страниц 6!!) . Там просто сумасбродные условия. Описан целый список запретов. В принципе запрещено делать все. такое впечатление что даже дышать можно только очень тихо. Описаны какие то несусветные штрафы за все и вся. За любое пятно 50 $. За потерятный ключ 100$. за пятнышко на диване 100$ ксати пятнышко на диване самому чистить нельзя поскольку там у Ольги какое то особеное покрытие требующее только проф чистки. Вообщем полный неадекват. Естествено я тут же не думаючи отменил заказ примерно через 3 минуты после его оформления. Несмотря на то что заказ был отменен тут же после оформления и Ольга не понесла никакого убытка, Она категорические отказалась возвращать деньги отказалась разгоаривать и заблокировала. Это было ужасно. ВПервые сталкиваюсь с настолько сумасбродной, нечестной и не адекватной хозяйкой! будьте бдительны при заказе! Ужас! English: A terrible impression. It all started with the fact that the advertisement is fuzzy and it is not clear that it is a room in the apartment where the hostess herself lives. I personally , do not like living with someone in an apartment. After the order, Olga sent me a letter of the size of a kilometer (yes, yes, the contract on six pages !!). There are very extravagant conditions. A long list of prohibitions is described. In principle, it is forbidden to do everything. the impression is that even breathing can only be very quiet. It describes some kind of fines for anything and everything. For any spot, $ 50. For a lost key $ 100. for a speck on the sofa $ 100 by the way, a speck on the couch itself cannot be cleaned because Olga has some kind of special coating that requires only professional cleaning. Generally it is very inadequate. Eventually, I canceled the order about 3 minutes after placing it. Despite the fact that the order was canceled immediately after registration and Olga did not get any money loss, She categorically refused to return the money, even part of money, refused to manage any conversation and blocked me. It was terrible. For the first time I come across such an extravagant, dishonest , unfair and inappropriate hostess! Be careful when ordering! Horror!”

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Understood- thank you @Olga464 .

The review I was thinking of lied but about something else including the fact that the whole house was “dirty” but she complimented me through out her stay for this and in 5 days we cleaned all common areas about 3x . I think she found permanent accommodation and then wanted a refund for the unused nights but kept all her stuff at our apartment and told us about the “issues she had” the night before she was meant to check out. And how having to use the kitchen sink to brush her teeth despite sharing with only 2 other people was so uncomfortable that she should get 2 days compensation.... NOPE! Anyway... reminder to self, not worth my peace! 

Thank you Olga x

@Yadira22  The world is getting more and more poor day by day.