The Host owns 3 Apartments on one floor. The Guest books each single apartment for 1 day stay to get

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

The Host owns 3 Apartments on one floor. The Guest books each single apartment for 1 day stay to get

clean bedding and daily cleaning in each single apartment all over and over again during entire 1 week stay on one and the same floor, but in different apartment each single day.

--------

Hello, dear hosts.

---- A little preview of who I am (beneath this preview you can read the actual post) ------

I’m also the host on Airbnb (Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Kiev - the capital), but daily rent is more an experiment for me, as my major emphasis is a long term rent for international police and embassy workers. And as I am an international marketer, the daily rent field teaches me a lot in terms of marketing.

Some of you, guys, told me before that I’m having a very original and not common “military” style of hosting. And some were surprised how is it possible to get clients this way. So, in my future posts I will explain to you the other side of rental coin and what is it like to be a military type of host.

For the ones who were not acquainted with me before, here is one of my “military style” experimental rental spaces on Airbnb in one of the Oldest Guest Houses in Europe with the strongest-longest house rules list ever, and by the moment of writing this post I am surprisingly a “Superhost”:

www.airbnb.ru/rooms/26808906

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE MY POST BEGINS

We noticed in our guest house, that we have one and the same type of guys, who are booking Apartments from one and the same owner on one and the same floor, but in stuggered order.

Imagine, that you own three Apartments on one and the same floor.
And all of them are promoted on Airbnb.
The guest is coming not the fiirst time to the guesthouse and already knows it's one and the same Owner to all three Apartments on the Floor.
The guest is coming for a week (6-7 days stay).

He books:
1-st day in First Apartment
2-nd day in Second Apartment
3-rd day in Third Apartment

4-th day in First Apartment
6-th day in Second Apartment
3-rd day in Third Apartment

For you to notice, here in Ukraine we do not have strict regulations of 1 day stay, as people have in New York, for example.
You can book unlimited ammount of dates in one Apartment.

We even made an experiment and set only 2 days bookings as minimal stay.
And, anyway, the guests who know that it's one and the same owner for three apartments on the floor book

2 days in First Apartment
2 days in Second Apartment
2 days in Third Apartment
----------------------------------------

In our country the market is completely laying down, People are out of cash, budjets in offices are cut on all levels.
Renters are going for the price only.
So, when you begin to play with the price, even if you charge 5 bucks more for a night stay, clients do not choose your Apartment.
If you raise up you booking limits to 3 minimal night stays, people do not choose you either.

And these clients who book each single apartment, one after another, do not even hide their intention to get daily cleaning and fresh bedding for a low price in each of that apartments.

Give us an advice here, what should we do with these types of clients.
Because if person chooses to book one day here, one day there, means all three apartments are impossible to sell as a date block.
The dates are devided for all three apartments.

When people book 1 apartment for 6 days, means you can sell 6 days in other two apartments left as the block of dates to other clients.
But when 1 person devides you calendar for all three apartments by "day by day" bookings, you are left with no oportunity to sell this "1 day dates" left to other people.
Plus your cleaning expenses are raised up to the maximum.

That's exactly the example, when the guest is getting hotel level of daily cleanness at the low price.
The only effort from the guest is to move few steps from one apartment to another.
Even in hotels you will not be allowed to change rooms that often.

Talking to the Clients doesn't help.
We tried.

If you wanna know how we keep guests disciplined in our Apartments, you can also read this thread:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Who-were-your-wrong-clients-attracted-by-quot-the-smart-...

------

Here is also my post about

HOW TO RENT A ROOM IN YOUR APARTMENT TO YOUR BOYFRIEND VIA AIRBNB AND IMPROVE YOUR PRIVATE LIFE:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/THE-STORY-OF-HOW-TO-RENT-A-ROOM-IN-YOUR-APARTMENT-TO-YOU...

------

And my new post:
“Saving your Young Daughter’s Virginity Over Her Weekend Trip” as a strong marketing positioning of the Apartment in rent:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Saving-your-Young-Daughter-s-Virginity-Over-Her-Weekend-...
6 Replies 6
Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Olga464I see you don't have a cleaning fee?.

Try to add a cleaning fee on your nightly price per room.

That maybe will stop him hopefully.

@Susie111  It's not about my apartment. That owner is having a cleaning fee in each of his apartments

@Olga464What a tricky situation....

If talking to him doesn't help and he still is messing about with your

business I would not welcome him anymore because he is stopping me to host

other guests.

@Susie111 Officially there is no reasons to lock the user, he doesn't break any law, He just makes it  very uncomfortable booking each next day of his stay in the capital in a new apartment. Apartments are placed one after another on the same floor.

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Olga464Annoying Guest....

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Olga464   LOL - this guy is smart, you have to grant him that 🙂 - turning an airbnb into a serviced apartment with his little tricks. And too lazy to make his own bed.  And if he is willing to pay all those cleaning fees, I suppose a discount would not work either.  A daily maid service might work, but would it be benefitial for the host ?