The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide (Request or Offer Money)

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

The Resolution Center - A Community Help Guide (Request or Offer Money)

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available in two new guides, Requesting money using the Resolution Center and Sending money using the Resolution Center.

------------------------------------------------------------

I see many people asking how to refund guests, charge them for extra services, or claim against damages.  Please find below a guide on how to use the Resolution Center and the different options it offers.  If this post helps you in any way, give it a "Thumbs Up".

First, to get to the "Resolution Center", go to https://www.airbnb.ca/resolutions

You will be taken to the "Resolution Center" page with a dropdown list of your past, current, and future guests.

Resolution1.png

Choose the guest in which you wish to make a resolution with.  Then "Select a Reason" from the dropdown menu.

Depending on whether the guest is a current guest, a past guest, or a future guest, the  options change.

Options for a Current or Previous Guests:

Request money to change dates or guests

Request compensation for damages

Request payment for extra services

Address personal issues with my guest

Offer partial reimbursement

Offer money to change dates or guests

Options for a Future Guest:

Request money to change dates or guests

Request payment for extra services

Address personal issues with my guest

Offer money to change dates or guests

After you have chosen the guest and the "Reason", choose "Continue" under the "Next Steps" section to the right.

If you choose "Address personal issues with my guest", you will be taken to the Airbnb "Contact" page.

If you choose "Offer money to change dates or guests" or "Request money to change dates or guests", you will be taken to the guests reservation page where you can "Change Reservation" or "Cancel Reservation"

"Request payment for extra services" option - here you would input the amount you are requesting and you can write a message to the guest.

resolution2.png

"Offer partial reimbursement" option - here you would input the amount you are offering to reimburse and you can write a message to the guest.  You can only go up to the amount of the reservation.

resolution3.png

"Request compensation for damages" option- complete the required areas.  If you have several items damaged, you can choose "Add another item" and enter in the details for each item.  After everything is entered, choose "Done adding items".

resolution4.png

After selecting "Done adding items", you will be taken to the screen pictured below where you can enter a message for the guest.  Then choose "Send request" and the guest will have receive the request.

Resolution5.png

I hope this "How To" has helped you in some way.  If so, give it a "Thumbs Up"! 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

47 Replies 47
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Terri44
Level 2
North Saanich, Canada

I'm new to this site, I've had no clients, 4 interests who cancelled for whatever reason, all 4 wanting to deal with me off the site?!?  I'm not prepared to reduce my price as the room sleeps 3 people has its own deck and bathroom and I give my guests breakfast. I've had guests through friends of friends who were not Air B&B registrants, they loved my guest room, had a fabulous sleep, enjoyed their breakfast and gave me a glowing review but not on Air B&B. My home is on the site but I'm not getting bookings!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide in two new guides, Requesting money using the Resolution Center and Sending money using the Resolution Center.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.