The Vegan Thread.

The Vegan Thread.

Ok - so since Air B&B is getting rid of the groups (and therefore the veggie group) AND they, inexplicably, have removed the keyword search, I hope this thread can be a place for us vegan peeps to meet & chat & stay & host!

Welcome veggie folks 🙂

60 Replies 60

see also this thread:    Keyword search

Susan1227
Level 1
Trinidad, Cuba

Hey veganistas

I've been running our Vegan Casa on Airbnb for the last three years here in Cuba and we were doing really well until the US embargo was tightened last year.   Now along with all the other private Casas on Airbnb here we have lost so much business, it's hard to stay open.  

I offer around 130 different dishes using local produce, such as coconut, pumpkin, beans, avocado, plantain, sweet potato and more.   My most popular dishes are Caribbean Crumble (Sweet Potato and beans) and Coconut Curry.   I make fresh rice milk and coconut milk every morning for the breakfasts, as well as pumpkin or banana bread.   My aim is to share my love of good, tasty food, without any impact on our planet and other species.   I don’t have access to many vegan staples such as nutritional yeast, yeast extract, agave, tamari soy sauce.   So I adapt or purchase these items from travelers passing through.

Home we can share some Vegan love and help travellers stay in meat free places?

Susan

Hey Susan!

Thanks a lot for your post.  I'm really sorry to hear the US embargo has been having sucha a negative impact on your business 😞  

The meals that you prepare sound absolutely delicious and if I can ever find the chance to make it to Cuba I will do my best to bring you some supplies 

Warm regards

Erik

@Susan1227 wrote:

Hey veganistas

I've been running our Vegan Casa on Airbnb for the last three years here in Cuba and we were doing really well until the US embargo was tightened last year.   Now along with all the other private Casas on Airbnb here we have lost so much business, it's hard to stay open.  

I offer around 130 different dishes using local produce, such as coconut, pumpkin, beans, avocado, plantain, sweet potato and more.   My most popular dishes are Caribbean Crumble (Sweet Potato and beans) and Coconut Curry.   I make fresh rice milk and coconut milk every morning for the breakfasts, as well as pumpkin or banana bread.   My aim is to share my love of good, tasty food, without any impact on our planet and other species.   I don’t have access to many vegan staples such as nutritional yeast, yeast extract, agave, tamari soy sauce.   So I adapt or purchase these items from travelers passing through.

Home we can share some Vegan love and help travellers stay in meat free places?

Susan

Hi Susan.  Much respect to you and love from one vegan to another as I see that you are 110% serious about no harm to animals.  Lacking what some of us have ( access to vegan "helpers") you STILL are vegan and doing the very best for our animal friends.  Many kudos!  Maybe one day my daughter and I can stay with you.  It is difficult to get away since we have seventeen rescued chickens, but maybe one day.

That sounds great Susan! Wish I could come to Cuba right away 🙂

Hi, Aaron from Sydney, Australia

Evelyn113
Level 2
Haz-Zebbug, Malta

Hi all! We have a vegan Airbnb, too! We are located in Gozo/Malta/Europe!

https://www.airbnb.com.mt/rooms/20897693?preview_for_ml=true&guests=1&adults=1

I have also a wish list with all the vegan Airbnb I could find, think you can see them on my profile, I made it public. 😉

Hope to see you 🙂 

Jojo33
Level 2
Kirkmichael, United Kingdom

Hi everyone! I've made a saved  list of all of the vegan Air BnB's linked here & I hope I can travel to them one day.

I haven't opened my vegan Air BnB yet but it should be ready to open this summer. It'll be in Perthshire in Scotland and I'll be making a full Scottish breakfast for guests. I'll drop a link once it's up.

Good luck Jojo!

It has been on my bucket list for 25+ years to picnic beside Loch Ness.  Maybe you can make it a reality.  

Lori353
Level 1
Palm Coast, FL

I’m trying to find vegan-friendly Airbnb experiences. Are there any out there that do not consist of a cooking class?

Hey Lori!  I have one 🙂  https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/955149

Hi Lori.  Are you interested in Mexico?  Do you love birds?  My daughter and I have 17 rescued chickens and have been working towards resuming our Airbnb that we started in Texas.  

Colorado Vegan RN nutritionist and whole food plant based chef offering custom vegan ranch experiences.

Included if desired, gourmet vegan meals, nutrition consults for healing, hiking or snow shoeing & equine assisted learning with my herd or 4 in the high Rockies outside of Denver. Indoor greens garden, completely private. Easy airport access. *sensitive information hidden*

Marc-And-Jenny0
Level 1
Berry, Australia

Hi guys

we are a vegan Airbnb, health retreat and animal sanctuary in Berry, BSW, Australia. We offer a “pick your own” experience which includes accommodation, massages, and/or raw plant based food workshops. 

Every guest can get involved with the animals. We are called Back 2 Earth. 

Hope thst helps

Jennu