The guest review question posed to Host.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

The guest review question posed to Host.

The guest review question, as written reads like a negative putdown out the shoot~~~ " Write a review for " guest xyz" group. What can they do better?

Realy and truly that is a negative launch to the conversation which is supposed to be a substantive inquiry about the guest and their performance to the House Rules and treatment of the property for Host to precisely report upon.  No lecturing about " how they can improve their performance as a guest". This is not a performance business.  This is a gueset service hosting business for lodging.  The WHAT CAN THEY DO BETTER?  is an intellectual and ethical insult to the consumer.  The categories of rating and stars is simple and direct.  Additional comments are optional. If Airbnb is trying to encourange more Guest users they had better cut out the Big Brother is watching and rating you act. ASAP>

Susan
11 Replies 11
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I have not in over 400 reviews filled in that line.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Can you imagine a review system where the guest is asked, "What did you love most about your stay?"

Me neither.

I can only 'imagine' that the person who wrote that line is not schooled on the definition of the word 'love'.

Again, English as a second language problem?  A more appropriate question to ask might be something like "What is the best feature of this property or what was your favorite feature  ?'. I wonder if these same inane questions are posed to the Guest stays at the Hotel listings?

Susan
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Susan990, where are you seeing this?

By "this" I assume you mean the standard question in 2 sentences that prompts the host to review the guest? We all get the same prompt. 

Susan

@Susan990,  I don't get that standard question so I guess we're not all getting the same prompt. 

That is not possible.  When your guest checks out you get a message which starts with the sentence  in Bold Type -  Tell  ( Guest name) what you loved and what they can do better.

Then it rambles a bit more to get you to click on the  Red bar (  Write a Review)

First question ~ Describe Your Experience  (required)

The 500 word limit box below has inside it printed this senctence.

"What was it like to host these guests?"

Really,  do you mean Like or Like Like? Pure California middle school jargon.  The use of this word "like" is non-gramatical in this sentence.  It should be removed. The box should be left clean for the Host to , as required,  " Describe Your Experience". Absent any slang language qualifiers embeded in the text box.

The second question presents the same insult~  Private Guest Feedback

This text box is private and  content not disclosed and yet Airbnb just can not leave it alone.

Inside the  Text Box another embarrasing prompt~  "Thank your guest for visiting or offer some tips to help them improve for their next trip." Reads like a kindergarten teacher rating her pupil on how well she tied her shoe laces upon departure from the class room.

Altogether creepy stuff. Not helpful or positive to the  experience of using Airbnb. 

Now progressing to the Star section>  The 3 topics are all subverted in their subject by a confusing non-relevant question qualifier.    I just ignore it and give all my guests 5 stars because they have earned it by my Yes to all 3 questions. 

The second question presents the same insult to the host. I just block it out of my mind.

The message  I wish to impart to Airbnb is  --- Keep It Simple---Talk Less---Respect More.

Susan

The message I get:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.31.40 PM.png

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

I have saved generic responses for the review form that I use for 99% of my guests.  I don't take their prompts about what the guest can do better seriously.  Almost all my guests leave the place clean and follow the rules so that's what I say.  I've only had to leave 2 semi negative reviews and only didn't recommend a guest once with the "better suited in a hotel" reply.

Brad172
Level 3
Houston, TX

I'm new to hosting and have had two guest this month..  Trying to understand how I can review a guest or give them any star rating as I am 900 miles from the property.  Yes I have cleaning service but am only contacted if something out of the normal is noted.  How do I respond to this and am I required to do so?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Brad172  You are not required to but it helps both other hosts and the guests if you review all your guests. If the cleaning people found nothing a miss and they did not bother you with demands I would review with a thumbs up and 5*'s In house rules and cleanliness. If they communicated well with you 5*'s for that also. "I would welcome (the guests name) back again." Is more than enough to say.