The issue with Airbnb hosts and the city of St Petersburg trying to limit our booking time.

Deborah3
Level 4
Saint Petersburg, FL

The issue with Airbnb hosts and the city of St Petersburg trying to limit our booking time.

I have heard that the city of St Petersburg, FL is trying to control/limit how many days we can rent rooms in our own homes such as limiting the time you rent to 1-6 months. I heard that the goal is trying to make it six months in their meetings. To tell you the truth, I am only doing this to save my home after the devastating economic downfall in this country and in our state that many of us have not yet recovered from fully and/or are still trying to recover from by whatever means we can. Before this, I never had a desire to open a B&B at all. I'm just doing this to keep from losing my home and fortunately, I like people in general and I'm good at hosting. The guests seem to all be happy with what I can provide to them. I have heard that the city has contacted many of you and I'd be interested in knowing what the outcome has been. If it's true, and they are on the attack, I think we should form a coalition to fight this. We have rights as home owners and entrepreneurs. Would you be so kind as to give me some feedback on your experiences? This is really stressing me out.   – DZ

0 Replies 0