The new home page

The new home page

Just want to give some feedback on the updated website. It was a little tuff with the app down for several days right at the beginning of summer. I feel I went through all of that stress just for this big bright, garish box of color on the home page which I find unsettling. I do think the new drawings are nice but unnecessary and distracting. Anyway, I liked the way it was, simple and clean. I don't need big boxes of color and digital art to understand how to manage my Airbnb account. It's cartoony and unnecessary. I'm not a huge complainer but the website should be designed for us, the people who have to use and look at it every day not some designers great idea. Thanks for reading, Wendy

18 Replies 18
Jen307
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I agree totally!  I had a discussion with another host about the new style and how she wondered if the entire business is run by 20 year olds.  Example: adding the front page and removing the listings tab made no sense. It serves no purpose.

Several of my messages to a guest never got through to them. I could see them in my app as sent but when I called Airbnb they said they never sent. It was checkin information for a Guest and they were NOT happy. Luckily they called and we worked it out. Airbnb said they have been getting similar reports from others and it's related to the new platform. This happened to me about 3 weeks ago also. It's such a terrible feeling wondering if your guests got their checkin info. 

MaryBoone0
Level 2
Dalton, NH

The new site design has eliminated the reservations list tab.  Why would such a useful feature be eliminated?  It is impossible to easily reference all the data from that tab now.  NOT an improvement!  

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

I actually really like the new home page. I think the illustrations are nice and shows the variety of character in hosting and traveling on the platform. Cheers! Karol.