The soundtrack to your listing

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The soundtrack to your listing

Liv_0-1605801848854.png

Hey everyone,

Lately I’ve been thinking about how each listing has a unique feel depending on a combination of factors such as decor and location.

Much like a certain song can help set the mood to a movie scene, every little detail plays its role in creating a particular vibe that guests will experience when staying at your place.

With that in mind, I thought it could be fun to think about what a soundtrack to your listing would sound like. For example: a stay at a beach house in California could be enhanced by listening to The Beach Boys and a cosy cottage in the countryside could easily go with a bit of folk music. 🎶

So if you had a chance to make guests’ memories of your place more vivid through music, what would the soundtrack to your listing be like?

I hope you have fun thinking about it and, while you’re at it, why not create a playlist to jam to this weekend? 🕺

Thanks,

Liv

25 Replies 25
Cheryl464
Level 4
Clearwater, Canada

This sounds like a delightful idea but I will have to see if my technical skills are capable of the complexity. 

Cheryl
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha it can be a bit of a fiddle making a playlist @Cheryl464, but hypothetically what kinds of songs would make it into your listing's playlist? Is there a certain genre that fits it well?

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hypothetically speaking...
If I had a listing in this building designed by Hundertwasser,

Hundertwasser.JPG

I think Higway Tune by Great Van Fleet would fit perfectly! 🙂 Considering the sounds (not the lyric) , loud and exaggerate, but with a very interesting result.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha I think this building deserves a pretty bombastic playlist to suit its appearance 👌

Would your own listings have a bit more of a tranquil playlist? They're right by the beach too so maybe a holiday kind of theme? 🎶

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Katie 

Certainly, my listings are normal. A tranquil playlist is fine. I do not want my guests going crazy in my listings 🙂  No booze, no loud sound, no parties!  🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

This is priceless @Liv 
I flick between radio stations on the good old traditional plug in wall radio.

The younger one's I've caught humming along to whatever is going including Country Music when I've not changed the station, those songs must at times be well over 40 years old as I don't know them however the lyrics are easy to listen to as they sing those ole tunes.

I always stop and smile and think of the American Hosts / Guests on here when I hear songs like The Night Chicago Died, and other American regions songs are named after.

@Inna22 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love the country vibe for your listing @Helen427 - do you have any local music on radio stations at all? Does New Zealand have much of a Country tradition? 📻

Zara91
Level 1
Coedpoeth, United Kingdom

Hi all, as seen as I manage a music page re Moon stompin on facebook, this is right up my street. I guess mine would be Small Faces; All or Nothing! Because I try to offer all to my guests to suit their needs ! Nice thread by the way !

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ahh very punny @Zara91 👏 Credit goes to @Liv for this thread - it's great to have a bit of escapism right now isn't it? 

Do you offer any music access for guests in your listing? 🎶

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I am educated in classical music, so i would attach a piece of music from the old days to my listings.

But as winter is coming and melancholy thoughts arrive, also influenced by the cover photo of this thread, i choose for something else:

"Hymn to winter" from Norwegian singer Sissel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaEYpAujvhI

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great choice @Emiel1, it's making me feel very Christmassy! What would you choose for Summer?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie 

I think about that in Summer ....

BTW the same song is also arranged by Norwegian composer Ola Gjeilo, title is "Wintertide" and it is sung here by a Swedish choir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEaarLwG3Dg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha you're a wintery soul then @Emiel1 😊 It's lovely, feels very peaceful! 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

"This old house" for me, @Katie . - Tho I've just had the front painted. - "A rich dark yellowish country cream", I said... "This one's a sort of mustard" he said.... "Great" I said.... Turned out a sort of luminous primrose... 😞 - Perhaps I'll feel better about it in Spring.... 😪