The soundtrack to your listing

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The soundtrack to your listing

Liv_0-1605801848854.png

Hey everyone,

Lately I’ve been thinking about how each listing has a unique feel depending on a combination of factors such as decor and location.

Much like a certain song can help set the mood to a movie scene, every little detail plays its role in creating a particular vibe that guests will experience when staying at your place.

With that in mind, I thought it could be fun to think about what a soundtrack to your listing would sound like. For example: a stay at a beach house in California could be enhanced by listening to The Beach Boys and a cosy cottage in the countryside could easily go with a bit of folk music. 🎶

So if you had a chance to make guests’ memories of your place more vivid through music, what would the soundtrack to your listing be like?

I hope you have fun thinking about it and, while you’re at it, why not create a playlist to jam to this weekend? 🕺

Thanks,

Liv

25 Replies 25
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great song choice @Helen350. Oh dear, shame about the colour not being quite what you expected - at least it's a bright colour though I guess? The luminosity will likely fade a little over time though so by Spring it might be more mustard-hued! 

Do you have before and after pics?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Tech issues re pics at present @Katie ... working on it! 😁

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good one @Liv ! 

For me, it depends on the time of day, mood, season. It would certainly fall under the "electronic" genre. The more I think about it now, it would be the chill tunes of a Sunday evening, sunset playlist, to recover from the night before (oh, the good old days when we could go dancing). It would consist of Massive Attack, Kruder & Dorfmeister and Nightmares on Wax, all the way to Daft Punk, Bicep and George FitzGerald.

As the night would set in and the city centre became buzzier and buzzier, the sound would move to a more tech-house vibe, not lacking a throwback to some good old classics. "Right on Right on" by Silicon Soul seems ideal for a closer, moments before leaving to go out and meet friends for drinks. 

Hm, I think I need to party 😛 🎵🕺

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice choices, @Nick! I love that you also thought of music for different situations 🎧  🎶 

Also thanks for reminding me of Massive Attack! It's been a while since I last listened to them and I love it 😎 💕

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@J-Renato0 @Helen427 @Zara91 @Emiel1 @Helen350 Lovely choices! They definitely give me a feel to each of the unique vibes in your listings 😊  🎧 

If I had to choose an album for my flat, I'd probably go with Oasis' Definitely Maybe,  just because when I first saw my living room it reminded me of that cover haha 

Do you also adapt the type of music you're listening to depending on the trip you're taking? I for one really like listening to local artists from the place I'm visiting 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello  @Liv   Funny story.  So, if you have not done it yet, you should buy a globe like the one on that Oasis cover.  🙂 It would make the your  livingroom still more cool !

As for the type o music depending on the trip... no, i do not... however I pay attention on the songs that are playing in the shops, restaurants, in the streets.... I go to the place and the songs sometimes comes to me 🙂

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@J-Renato0 Oh, that's a great idea! I'll add it to my letter to Santa 😆  Having the fireplace would also be really nice, I must say.

That sounds cool! When you listen to the songs later, do they remind you of that trip? I absolutely love how music can transport us back to memories.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Liv  Mine would have to be a combination of "Brigadoon" and "Camelot." 

"Brigadoon" is an American musical about a place that rises out of the Scottish mist only once every 100 years, and only for one day.  Brigadoon is an enchanted place where life is simpler and easier, untouched by the worries of the modern world.

As for "Camelot," another American musical, some of the lyrics seem to be written about August in Maine:

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.

By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.

By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

When we drive there, my daughters and I queue up Richard Burton singing this as we turn down the peninsula where our house sits.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72 That's amazing! I'm not familiar with those musicals, but I'll be sure to check them out.

That lyric does seem to fit perfectly to your listing, and I especially like this part: "...there's simply not / A more congenial spot / For happily-ever-aftering than here" - it's so sweet and well written 😊

Also, that memory with your daughters made me smile, thanks for sharing. It reminds of my own yearly trips with my mom and my sisters from Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro, we used to listen to the same album every time during the drive. 💕

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Liv @Ann72 @J-Renato0 @Nick @Helen350 @Emiel1 @Katie One thing is for sure, I want my 2021 soundtrack to play on repeat Madonna’s Holiday! 
https://youtu.be/5Rswx2Z7SDw

In fact I’m feeling a bit inspired to redecorate one suite to bring back 1985! Lol Title suggestions anyone? 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Katrina79 

I see you have 2 listings! The first one Madonna - New listing Title: Madonna Experience !

For the second listing, I suggest Cindy Laumper ´s Girls just wann have fun ! New listing  Title: Guests just wanna have fun!