There is a Rogue "host" on my listing

Anne664
Level 1
Ireland

There is a Rogue "host" on my listing

There is someone linked to my listing that is not me or my husband.

Has my account been hacked?

how do I contact Airbnb about this?

Anne

9 Replies 9
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Have you ever been added anywhere as a co-host, @Anne664?

If you mean these (pic) and you don't recognize them, you must contact Airbnb Customer Service - use Twitter or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

Ann.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Anne664, I'm Rob, I am an Airbnb Superhost from Australia and I would like to help you with this profile issue!

Anne yours is the third instance of this happening that I have seen in the last hour. As I am part of the Airbnb Experts Group I am now going to log this as an issue with the tech team, as I am sure others have done by now. You may or may not be contacted but please be assured that we are onto this and will get it sorted out. Also Anne, be aware that this rouge intruder on your listing will have no capacity to affect the workings of your hosting!

If you wish to contact Airbnb yourself you can do so via this link.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact_us#/

Sorry Anne we are onto it.

Cheers....Rob

Mark657
Level 2
South Lake Tahoe, CA

Thank you Rob and Marzena (who also replied directly to my post for the same reason).

In my case, the "hosts" are correctly my wife and I, but every time I preview the listing it shows a new ranodom person as the "owner"...

Thanks so much Rob.

Carolyn122
Level 3
Albuquerque, NM

Same thing on our page. Each time we refresh we get a new "host" but we are moved to co-host. 

Leigh43
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Me too! Maybe a glitch in the matrix 😉

Pam112
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

Hi All, same thing just started happening to me. A total stranger is listed as the "Host" and it changes every time I look at it , and my husband and I are listed as co-hosts.  I hope this gets figured out and fixed soon.  I did call and was told my concern would be forwarded to the right people.

Anne664
Level 1
Ireland

Thanks all, - i take some comfort that you guys are also experincing this.

To confirm, I havent been added as a co-host on any other listing before, but I had just added my husband the day before. I wondered if by doing so, did I open a "door" for a hacker. Hmm.

It looks more like a code glitch.

Has anyone heard back from Airbnb on this?

Anne

Anne664
Level 1
Ireland

Update Dec 1st....It "appears" to be fixed