There is no special offer button on my message feed.

Camilla12
Level 1
Altea, Spain

There is no special offer button on my message feed.

How do I send a special offer if there is no button to click on to create a special offer. It simply does not appear on my page at all. I am using my computer and not the app.

Also where has the option gone to speak to an Airbnb member of staff? This new system does not really work as some times you just need a quick answer and someone to talk you through the process. Is there a shortcut way to get help ?

3 Replies 3
Sid-and-Lynne0
Level 2
Vallecitos, NM

If there is an Accept/Decline pending, special offer does not appear.  You need to decline the offer, then the special offer button will appear.

I think AirBnB could do a better job of designing their web site to support this (e.g. have a "Special Offer" button even on a pending reservation, and when you click it, it should say "To make a special offer, this will decline the current reservation, continue?").  Although the concept of AirBnB is great, their web site needs improvement.  🙂

@Sid-and-Lynne0 I had no idea that's where it moved to!!! I was a frequent user of the option. It's very handy when you want to sweeten the deal but now I have to decline them in order to get it! Silly.

Doesn't declining affect your superhost rating? I swear I've got a decline blemish doing the recommendation above. I'm in special offer situation again and I'm afraid...