They've changed the "performance" page. UGH

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

They've changed the "performance" page. UGH

Where do we find the detailed info of our "reviews" now? They used to be on the performance page? 

i hate that airbnb changes things to make them more confusing and less valuable & less informative to its customers. 

I still miss the "what guests will pay" info in the booking process. I guess airbnb didn't want us to easily know how much they're making for being a simple go-between of hosts and guests. 

33 Replies 33
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donald28 we still have the 'what guests will pay vs what hosts will receive' when looking at the calendar in the UK. I do hope this doesn't disappear along with the listing views going forward.

@Lizzie @Quincy Any comment from Airbnb as to why the platform is going backwards?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I still can't find the visibility stats where they show the page visits against other listings in your area.  Yet another Airbnb upgrade that reduces usefulness.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Gosh @Donald28 , Yes, I just checked & can't find the review page any more. - So that means we can't see what star ratings a guest gave us? (We can now only see the written review on our profile page? - I fear if guests know this they will be more inclined to give bad star ratings, if we can't see them, & comment in our response to their written review. Of course really sneaky guests will write something bland to make themselves look good, then tank our stars...? Our star average will go up & down on on our listings pages, but we won't know which guests were responsible?

- Am I right? 

Helen350
Level 10

I was wrong, the reviews are still there, stars, private feedback, & those silly compliments too. You just have to know where to find them..... - Performance > Quality - Scroll down > Reviews

@Helen350 

Hi Helen,

Where is the performance page or where did you find the word performance?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Terrible revamp of the Hosting pages. Really bad layout, hard to find anything, a lot of useful information gone and useless information front and center. 

Every time they "improve" the interface, it's a step backwards. No respect shown for hosts whatsoever. 

It's like someone rearranging your kitchen in the middle of the night, so you can't find anything, and deciding for themselves that you really don't need a set of measuring spoons or a cheese slicer, or 2 medium size saucepans and throwing them away. 

@Stephanie @Lizzie  Can you please tell Airbnb that hosts are complaining on every host forum about the changes to our hosting pages. Making changes to user resources without asking if those changes are wanted is a terrible thing for a company to do. The tech team can play with their site pages all they want, give it a new look every week if they want to, but why do they change and ruin what works for their hosts? 

Yun8
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Donald28 @Helen350 

It seems like the detailed information of each guest review, along with all star ratings for specific parameters can be accessed by going to your inbox, and then going through to the message thread for a specific guest who has left a review for their stay.

By clicking on the "get details" underneath the review preview panel sitting on the side of the message thread, that brings up the page with the detailed review information.

Interestingly, the detailed review info page also has a "back to all listing reviews" link that simply takes you back to the new performance quality page. I wonder if this will be fixed with the next update.

Helen350
Level 10

Thanks @Yun8. Mike & Jane & Lawrene told us how to find the old review page  on Inna's  new post by going to Performance > Quality then scrolling down to the bottom of the page, where you find a 'Reviews' tab you can click. It comes up for one listing, for other listings you need to change the listing at the top of the page.

@Donald28  

Yun8
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Helen350 Thank you! That's so easy to miss.

I have to agree. Airbnb changes its TOS and user interface more than any other company I've worked with. It's getting kind of maddening.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie @Katie @Stephanie  Can you pass this message on to Airbnb Please!! 

@Sarah977  Said it exactly Right On The Mark and her words are echoed by many of us!

When setting up my cottage and getting it ready a little over 3 yrs ago one of the easiest things to do was create and put together my listing. A year after that I was asked to help a friend and the user friendly set up was all changed. I had to learn the new way and it was a challenge. I had seen a few changes as I'm very involved in my work. Now its a completely user unfriendly set up takes twice as long and much of the changes were clearly not designed by a host.  Or should I say a host was not consulted about the changes. Hey, what happened to asking us (the hosts) about the most important things? That web design of our listing that is the guts of our work with Airbnb - I recall when frustrated after a huge influx of new hosts even saying to my husband that perhaps Airbnb was working to find a way of weeding out hosts that just have a whim, and decide quickly to host but don't learn the platform or anything about being a host. That seemed one way to do it. Make the set up as complicated as possible. I was serious then and now I ask why all the changes, without forewarning - just change it and we'll somehow figure it out? Its not a very clever way to do any business by just making changes, dropping them on everyone and assuming they work, or are better or whatever someone thought. They surely didn't ask us. The entire frame of the dashboard is changed, WHY....it was easy, fairly clear and things were accessible. Now there's so many charts and stats.....which I glance over....BUT I don't host by graphs and charts. Maybe some new techie hosts with 20 listings do, not many of us, I feel fairly certain I might be speaking for many hosts out there. Come on Airbnb don't keep on changing the dashboard - and if you do, how about webinairs/ sessions/zooms/ something to teach us how to use and truly benefit from the new changes? thanks, Clara

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Thanks for the pointers @Helen350 , I was wondering where the stats on reviews went.  @Christine615 , they have become a mini Microsoft and thats not a compliment the "we will fix it on day 2" mentality sux.   I agree with everyone here, its not nice to change things that quickly and rolling out changes that haven't been tested thoroughly internally is really a bad idea.  No beta testing on the masses conducting business daily on the platform please!!!!!!  But if your going to change things in noticeable ways, inform and educate the masses pleeeeeze!

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

And, on top of that, some stats do not make sense... I have cancelation rate 100%. 

I have no bookings at the moment, have never cancel a booking, so not sure where that number comes from and what represents... Should it be 0%? Or just me being pedantic? 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Roberta2 ,

Just talked about this one internally, do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you're seeing that? You can DM it if you prefer.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines