They've changed the "performance" page. UGH

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

They've changed the "performance" page. UGH

Where do we find the detailed info of our "reviews" now? They used to be on the performance page? 

i hate that airbnb changes things to make them more confusing and less valuable & less informative to its customers. 

I still miss the "what guests will pay" info in the booking process. I guess airbnb didn't want us to easily know how much they're making for being a simple go-between of hosts and guests. 

33 Replies 33
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 17.44.49.png

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

and there is how it looks on mobile

Unknown.png

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ta @Roberta2 , have added the screens to your ticket, will let you know asap.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya everyone,

Thank you all for your considered and thoughtful feedback. This update is not 100% rolled out yet so not all users will be seeing the changes. I'm capturing all of your comments, questions and pain points to deliver back to the team who prepare these updates to the dashboard. 

Please do continue to add them to this thread so I can collate them all. Maybe a drop in the ocean but if there's anything you do like about the dashboard update could you also share that (though I appreciate you may be struggling to do so in this instance. 

I love @Clara116 's and @Sarah977 's idea about more proactive education and discussion around these product changes. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

Also @Donald28 @Roberta2 @Melodie-And-John0 @Christine615 @Helen350 and @Mark116 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I cannot stand the new hosting page. Are people just bored there at Airbnb Corporate and mucking around with the user platform just for s#$%s and giggles? 

No kidding! Why change something that works and that we are used to?! We don't want to learn new pages and inputs every so often. Just leave it alone. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie  Thanks for bringing this to the Airbnb table. What I, personally would like is to have the old dashboard back. There was nothing about it that needed changing-it seems the tech teams just change things for no reason, or according to some mysterious formula, not according to the needs or facility of hosts.  As Rebecca said, it appears like pointless mucking about with something that worked just fine.

As for "I love @Clara116 's and @Sarah977 's idea about more proactive education and discussion around these product changes" , this is not some new idea. Hosts have been asking for respect in this regard forever and it falls on deaf ears. For years. What was Mr. Chesky's apology about not keeping hosts in the loop all about, if not keeping us in the loop is the obvious agenda?

@Sarah977  I'd love the site back about 3 changes ago, LOL.  It wouldn't be so bad if every change did not make the site less user friendly, make important information harder to find and was more difficult to navigate. 

@Mark116  Totally agree. Every "improvement" they make to our hosting pages has made it more difficult to use. All the changes they make remind me of what was referred to a "busy work" in elementary school. Just something to keep the kids occupied so the teacher could grade papers or do lesson planning. Except it didn't negatively affect tens of thousands of other people.

It really pisses me off that the Airbnb techies keep doing this stuff. They constantly make our jobs more difficult. I'd like to walk into their office with a chain saw and saw their desks in half.

@Sarah977 

I'd like to walk into their office with a chain saw and saw their desks in half.

The last time somebody owed me money I marched through their offices to find the guy who was avoiding me and making me wait around in reception for no reason, just avoiding payment. I didn't know where he was, so I banged on and opened every door until I found him at the end of a corridor. It was sorted immediately.

Do you have Airbnb's Techie address or need any help finding it?

@Mark116 @Sarah977 Based on this new and not-improved dashboard, I'd say there's still more laying off to do at Airbnb...Nobody should have this much time on their hands. Not judging. Just saying.

@Stephanie @Sarah977 I also agree that I like the old dashboard.  They are clear and to the point.  The new dashboard doesn't provide me with any new insights.  There are a lot of data, but what do they even mean?  

@Yiwei3  Exactly, what do they even mean? I'm a simple host who lists one private room in my home. All those metrics and stats mean zero to me. I just want to be able to see my bookings, views, transaction history and reviews easily. All the rest is useless gobbledegook to me.

Susie220
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Please, please, please let us have the old performance page back. If the guys at airbnb like the new one then that's fine but go to the bin, get the old one out and add it alongside for those if us that loved it, hate change and find the new one useless for our needs. 

@Susie220  Hope you sent them feedback. All of us need to. Just posting it here won't help.