Things guests asked for that surprised you

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Things guests asked for that surprised you

construction-paper-cutouts-of-shapes-with-scissors-and-glue-78463656-5832f6593df78c6f6a47eb7f.jpg

The full-length mirror thread got me thinking. What have guests commented on or asked for that surprised you? In our case guests have asked for the following that we didn't have/would not have thought to supply/don't use ourselves:

1. glue for crafting

2. a lemon zester

3. a pizza cutter (we have one now, but figured the knives we have work just as well)

4. a pot filler over the stove (WAY too expensive at the moment!)

5. a blender or food processor

6. A meat thermometer (we are vegetarians so this one really passed us by.)

Because we use our space as a weekend house its fully stocked with a lot of things. But some things we would have not thought of.  What have your guests asked for that you just would not have thought of or were surprised by?

*image added by Airbnb OCM https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/choosing-a-collage-glue-1249487

51 Replies 51
Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

Some of these requests are super funny. We haven't had anything strange yet. I feel like we keep the house outfitted pretty well. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Guest:

• Do You have a citrus press?

My husband:

• I'm not sure if we've got one, but I know it's not mentioned in the listing

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

It always surprises me when guests ask for the Air conditioner in the early spring, as soon as we turn off the heating. I mean, c'mon... just open the windows for god's sake or use a ventilator!

Monica1599
Level 3
Santo Domingo, DO

Might sound strange, but the most common weird request at our Samana property is if I have the contact of a local fisherman who could come up to the house and bring his 'catch of the day', for sale. 

We are in a developing country, and right over a fishing village,  so we know several guys who are super happy to sell his hard work to tourists ,(instead of loosing money at the local market).

There is always a second request after that: "do you know anyone who could clean and cook this for us"?

Its usually the fisherman's wife who stays and cooks for the extra money.

Screenshot_20200218-085556_Facebook.jpg

And we are talking about large mahi mahi and giant squid like the one in the photo.  

@Monica1599  that's not strange, I would love if you could organize the same for me and my group :))))

You can count on that!!! 🙂

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

3 strange requests come to mind:

New Years Eve request to use the barbecue to accompany moonshine. -2 and windy, Happy New Year! Sorted.

Could I go shopping for another group and do them a barbecue ? Err, No...

Can we (guests) have a choice of what density and type our beds are? Err, No...