Thinking of adding a nice camper on land I have - would I be able to use as the vacation spot?

Donna502
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

Thinking of adding a nice camper on land I have - would I be able to use as the vacation spot?

I have land in my lot (I hope to build on someday) but I am thinking of buying a new camper and renting it out on weekends since I live 5 miles from Muir Woods and great beaches in California.

Could I host a camper as part fo Airbnb?

Thanks

Donna

8 Replies 8
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Yes @Donna502 Its on the list

Untitled4.jpg

Donna502
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

Thank you I did not see the drop down

Sandi48
Level 9
Los Gatos, CA

My husband and I have a cute and cozy Camper / Trailer  in the Santa Cruz Mtns.  It been fairly full since January of this year. Its been a lot of fun Hosting so far I'd say yes do it!!

I am thinking of doing the same.  What do you charge for the stay's?

Carrie200
Level 1
Palo Alto, CA

Sandi, have you had trouble with the County?  Did you get a permit from them?  I am looking to do same - we have two resort tents - but don't want to get in trouble with SCC.  Had enough of a nightmare building our house to last a lifetime!

I'm in an unincorporated part of SCC. So I'm in the clear.  I did some research about it. 

So sorry that you are getting runaround. Good luck 

Linda505
Level 4
Ballarat, Australia

This is interesting.. We have a bit of land at the back of one of our Airbnbs that we have fenced off (we are in the process of sub-diving the block of land in half)

A camper would fit in there nicely. I may sound naive here having never stayed in a camper.. but what would the guests do for a toilet? If it is one of the toilets inside the camper, what do you do with all the waste? 😛

And I assume you would need a hook up to power, water and gas?  

Council would definitely be onto the permit side of things too, you need a permit to do anything these days.

Larissa344
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

@Sandi48- one more question for you: I live in unincorporated SC as well and just read in the Airbnb page for that area that RVs and campers can't get a Short-Term Rental permit (whether it be a Vacation or a Hosted Rental one)– did I not get this right? 

Congrats on your hosting and best of luck!