This 25% payout is not what it seems!

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

This 25% payout is not what it seems!

Offering 25% but making it subject to cancellation policy when we've all been encouraged to offer 'flexible' or 'moderate' is like telling someone they've won the lottery, then stealing their ticket.

I had 9 bookings for April, May and June at the 2 properties I rent which would have earned me over 6,000 euro. All 9 cancelled in the first half of March leaving me with zero. These cancellations are clearly due to COVID-19 (many guests were kind enough to write with the reason for cancelling) yet under yesterday's announcement, I still end up with nothing because of my 'moderate' policy!

What do the dates matter? They all cancelled because of the pandemic. Despite having a moderate policy, I don't recall a single cancellation over the 5 years I've been with Airbnb.

If we're partners, why are some partners more equal than others?

2 Replies 2
Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

First Covid-19 cancellation for July just in, there goes another 1,322 euro. :((

John1902
Level 8
Aldeburgh, United Kingdom

Am the same . Flexible policy for cancellations but all of my guests have cancelled due to Covid19 and would have been here otherwise. It makes no sense to base it on the cancellation policy if you're actually doing it in the name of helping out the hosts. All this does is rectify the original problem of offering the entire refund to guests.   I'm fact Airbnb recommend that you should a moderate to flexible policy.   So it's not generous or a thing they are doing especially to help out hosts is just making amends for their own mistakes.

As for the superhost fund, I was hoping to apply for this because I don't get anything from the UK government having fallen through the gaps. But I have three listings, one for each of my guest rooms which I guess will preclude me from that fund as well.