This is a first for me and has left me quite mystified.

Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

This is a first for me and has left me quite mystified.

I have received a Request from a host with a Profile photo of flowers.

I understand and support that the changes Re: profile photos requirements aren't in the hosts best interest but if this is some form of support for other hosts or a personal preference I feel it shouldn't be sent to another host, your profile photo only please.

I expect this from guests but not from one  host to another? Is there something I'm missing?

Best regards,

Yvonne

2 Replies 2
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Yvonne191, people can post whatever profile photo they like, regardless of whether they are hosts or guests. 

Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

Thank you for your response @Kath9. I hope this clarifies my post to avoid further misunderstandings. What you choose to post isn't the same as what you must submit for a Booking Request

I’m quite aware that hosts and guests choose what they want to post for their photo, profile and listings. Regardless of why they  don't use their photo,  as I stated whether to support other hosts or for personnel reasons, I agree and understand it is their choice. That is no concern of mine. 

My only concern is my Listing and the Requests that I receive. 

• As stated, I received a Request to book from a host.

When a Host books they become my Guest.

• As all my guests must fulfill my Booking Requirements which include submitting their facial Profile photo I don’t expect to receive flowers.animals etc..
  • Personally, as a host I would not (and have not) requested to book a stay if I had not fulfilled the Host’s requirement beforehand. This indicates that I respect my Host, their Rules and Booking Requirements. The initial conversation is much more pleasant than having to inform them of what I did receive from Airbnb and to please submit their photo again.
  • I may be naive but I would expect a Host to be aware of the requirements, before sending a request, as compared to guests who often haven’t read my listing details.   Best wishes 🙂