This is an improvement

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

This is an improvement

2020-10-17 (2).png

Just noticed this new banner. Click Get details and your unique house rules pop onto the screen.

44 Replies 44
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I love this! Right on top! All of my glorious house rules (with some words misspelled- just like most of my guests I obviously never read them myself to see that) 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

This is fantastic news @Colleen253 , @Inna22 , @Sarah977 , @Debra300  @Ricardo85  To see their profile being raised to the front page. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I have a lengthy WHS list which might initially seem scary, but it’s meant to cover many eventualities) covering the guests’ safety, as much as mine. Common sense they say... but common sense can be a super power!
Lol..

I have always worded back to a guest, something like: “As you have “instant booked”, I see that you have accepted all our listed house rules. ” Which covers me every time! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Colleen253@Cathie19@Inna22@Sarah977@Debra300@Ricardo53

Great to see your positive comments here. Thank you. 

Just a heads up more information will be shared shortly about this, in the next update. I'll let you know when it's live. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I hope this is something that stays @Lizzie and isn't just a temporary test. This is a really positive improvement for hosts AND guests perusing different listings. 

Heidi588
Level 10
Santa Cruz la Laguna, Guatemala

As a guest, I love it. 

@Heidi588  I wish more guests were like you 😊

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

yes they have changed a  few things around.

No @Colleen253 @Debra300 it's the internet in general terms that has been played arund with by IT people all over the place. Google & Microsoft & others as per usual. Sigh!!!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a welcome change. I hope it's not just an experiment. Whether guests then click to read the rest of the rules is another matter (the banner on my listing says I don't accept children under 12, but if you read the rules, you'd realise I don't accept under 18s, so that's a big difference).

Going a bit off topic, I noticed also the banner above this about travel restrictions. When you click on this, it takes you to a government advice page for British people going abroad. How on earth would that be relevant to anyone looking to book a stay in London??!!

Jerry250
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 The travel restrictions link - I agree this isn't ideal.

@Lizzie It's helpful Airbnb link to the uk gov website outlining travel restrictions - but not the page about travel overseas for UK residents. Half way down the linked page are further links for travel guidance / rules within each of the nations - England, Scotland, Wales and NI. Clicking the relevant link does give the restrictions.

The correct sub link would be more helpful.

So for England it would more helpfully link to: www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-levels-what-you-need-to-know

This is further complicated by the local restrcitions (Tier 1,2,3) where the page for England also contains a postcode checker for further restrcitions - although of course Airbnb listings don't include postcodes...I suppose most people understand non-essential travel is very difficult right now.

Jerry250
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 The banner link about travel restrictions has been fixed now. Now it links to the correct page of the govt website. I rasied this in chat during the travel trends webinar and Airbnb said they'd look into it, they obviously did.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Colleen253@Huma0@Heidi588@Helen427@Emilia42@Cathie19@Inna22@Sarah977@Ricardo53,

Hot of the press–literally just gone live now. 🙂 

More information about House Rules and other updates have just been shared in Catherine Powell's latest update, here. You can also find this in the CC Airbnb Updates board or a longer article in the Resource Center. 

The House Rules will be visible in 4 different places when a guest books a stay...hoping this is music to your ears. 🙂 Also, for those of you who can't see any changes to your listing yet, this will be rolled out to everyone by the end of the month. So not long to wait. 

Thank you for all your feedback you've shared on this in the CC.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie 

@Catherine-Powell 

There's a typo  in it , or is it a new word. "Understable"???

Can't log on and edit my listing or answer potential guest enquiries , also IT notification issues, on my mobile,  probably a plumbing with Microsoft software updates system change in recent weeks so until that's fixed across the world....

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

OOoo typo... @Helen427, can you point me to where that is please and I'll get that sorted? Is it in the CC post or the RC article? 

Thank you. 

--------------------

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Yay for House Rules being important!

If this is true, I want to hug the person who made this change. I found vaping materials on my living room rug (the packaging) and cigarettes on my porch even though the sign that greets people clearly says NO SMOKING ON THE PREMISES and it's spelled out in the listing too. The previous guest burned incense and there were ashes on the decorative tray that holds the TV and Cable remotes. UGH!

(Can we add no illicit drugs and no prostitutes while we're at it - lol!) I'm learning to check the outside camera footage for overnight "guests" not on the booking before I write reviews from now on.