This is an improvement

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

This is an improvement

2020-10-17 (2).png

Just noticed this new banner. Click Get details and your unique house rules pop onto the screen.

44 Replies 44
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Colleen253 @Debra300 

Sorry it took me awhile to get around to this- a screenshot of how the first page of the Help Section appears to me, with the "Contact" pinned post part way down. That page doesn't look like that for you guys?

Sarah977_0-1603855611304.png

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sarah977,

Ohhh, I think the confusion on my part was that I was looking at the Airbnb Help page.  Your graphic is for the Community Help page.  Thanks.

@Colleen253 

Aha. I did say " It's not on the first page of the Help Section of the forum here for you?" but I guess hosts don't read 🙂

@Debra300

Dassi0
Level 5
Greensboro, NC

This is a step in the right direction, but I feel that people rarely ‘click on more’... everyone should have all your rules there, just by scrolling 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

So, not long after Airbnb made this great improvement, they took a step backward and changed the banner to read 'This host doesn't allow pets parties or smoking..."click for details"'. Therefore, guests continued not to see a listing's unique house rules.

More recently, I noticed they had changed this banner yet again to read "This host doesn't allow pets parties or smoking..."show more"'. This was a positive move. However, today I am noticing that the house rules banner at the top of every listing I've checked (about 6) is GONE altogether now. Is this a glitch due to all the recent platform changes, or another, permanent step backward? 

@Stephanie  @Liv  or @Nick could someone check into this? Thanks

Yes @Colleen253 , I noticed about a week ago that it was gone... so sad as I thought this was helpful for communication between hosts and guests.

Here is the banner on my listing. It seems like the "Enhanced Clean" portion would be a bit redundant at this time as we were forced to agree or be kicked off the platform. Like @Colleen253 , I liked having the major house rules up top front and center.

Jennifer1773_0-1623440612175.png

It’s frustrating for sure, to finally have an improvement that has big impact, only to have it snatched away again. I hope it’s a temporary glitch. @Jennifer1773 

And speaking of redundant, no one cares about a Superhost banner. HOUSE RULES are what matter. 

The house rules banner is still missing from all the listings I've peeked at, and no word yet on whether it's a glitch that will be fixed, or a permanent step back, or what. I'm curious about something though. The last few bookings I've had come in (after having my calendar closed for a bit), the booking guest has automatically included the full names of all the others in their party. This is my top house rule, and is normally overwhelmingly overlooked. This suggests that perhaps Airbnb is actually now displaying our house rules prominently somewhere to guests in the process of booking. Anyone here booked a trip recently and know? @Emilia42 @Lawrene0 ? I would love this to be true, and to give Airbnb props if so. Or maybe I'm dreaming and it's just been good luck....

@Colleen253 

Is your pre-booking message new? I would say that it is working and guests are taking the time to read your house rules and respond to the message. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 2.36.02 PM.png

@Emilia42 That's my instant book message but I don't currently have it on. I had it on briefly a few months ago. I thought guests didn't get the prebooking message if you had it off. I do see guest star ratings now though, even with instant book off. That's definitely new. Maybe things are changing for the better in some ways.

@Colleen253 Apparently, it stuck. Your listing is request to book. I can't instant book it but the pre-booking message remains. 

@Emilia42 That expains it then. That's awesome. I love it. Hope it stays that way!

House rules are mentioned in the confirmation email with a link, @Colleen253 , at least that was the case in May. So maybe your guests are clicking!

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

There is a "things guests must know before they book" section of "booking settings". It's limited to... I don't know, 500 characters or something, but I presume the guests are required to read it before they book. 

I put the top 2 house rules and penalties there: no smoking, no parties. 

I really don't know if the guest has to read it before booking or not. Does anyone else know?