Threatening messages from Airbnb

Andy542
Level 3
Oria, Spain

Threatening messages from Airbnb

I noticed a couple of old threads from 2017 and I think this is still relevant today as it has not been addressed by Airbnb.  

I received a message (ok it may be automated but someone had to write it in the first place) containing the following:

Your listings may be suspended
Andy542_0-1621775953910.png
You declined your last 3 reservation requests. Keep in mind that Hosts who decline an excessive number of reservation requests may have their listings suspended and removed from search results.

At this current time during Covid and for the last 14 months it has been a real struggle so to receive this message is in my opinion most unfair, worrying and threatening!

I actually have "24 hours" booking notice activated for my property yet I get messages from Airbnb/guests asking for approve/decline booking for same day bookings which I do not mind as long as I am able to choose to decline if unavailable but obviously doing so then gets you this threat.  All three have been in the last month and all in the afternoon/evening of the day they wanted to stay and one was actually on my doorstep doing the booking.  All guests have been understanding in that it was short notice and that I have a life (such that it is).  

I have complained to Airbnb via feedback as advised by one of their representatives.

19 Replies 19
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Andy542 @Sarah977 @Colleen253 

here are 2 options we have:

1.---------- Guests can't instant book but can send you a request------

an1.png

and 2. -------------- guests cant instant book or send you request -------------

an2.png

Exactly, those are the settings but the point is that if you decline (within your rights) then it seems you get the nasty email from Airbnb.

Of course, Airbnb does not want you to decline guests. If you are going to be declining most (if not all) of the same-day reservation requests, why would you give the option?

No more same-day requests = fewer declines. 

@Andy542  But it appears your calendar is NOT blocked for a day.  As I noted, when I looked at your spaces, today's date was available, not blocked.  But you are saying that your settings block same-day reservations.  So are you saying you are declining someone who wants to come (for instance) tomorrow night?

I didn't say my settings block same day bookings, I said my settings are set for 24 hours+ notice (for definite bookings) and hence these being requests for same day bookings which I am ok with if I can accommodate however what I am not ok with is Airbnb threats and pressure.  If these are requests then why should Airbnb threaten if a host declines a request. Unacceptable, they need to re-write their automated messages.  As I said in my original post, these are my opinions/feelings on the matter!  Maybe you can always be at home 24/7 but I have caring issues to deal with at another address/town.