Threats of suspension from Airbnb!

Martin306
Level 1
Boos, Germany

Threats of suspension from Airbnb!

I do not like the threatening tone of my recent comunication from Airbnb. The wording is awful. The system allowed a couple to book a room which I had blocked and I had a conversation with them and they were very understanding and booked another place. I was out of the country - around the otherside of the World!!! 

So no complaints and I get this threatening message from Airbnb about suspension!!!

15 Replies 15
Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

can you cut and paste the message and post it? @Martin306

You’re at risk
Your account could be suspended if you don’t focus on improving to meet Airbnb hosting standards.
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Martin306 

there are many posts about calendar  issues, it seems it has something with 3 months availability settings. 

You received just an automated message because you cancelled your booking.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Martin306

Sometimes there is a glitch on Airbnb  and it unblocks, blocked dates.

If that is what happened to you, then call Airbnb they will be able to check this, and can lift the cancellation notice.

If something like this happens, always contact Airbnb straight away, so it can be sorted out as soon as possible.

OK I will contact them - but I cannot see how to contact them?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Martin306

Hi Martin, It is not a personal thing Martin, most everything that happens on this platform is automatically triggered and generated by the program itself, and humans do not see it or have anything to do with it. The program does not asses the reason you cancelled, it just asseses that you did cancel a confirmed reservation!

ABB are pretty good to deal with where these siruations arise, and this rolling calendar opening dates is a major issue which they are working on....you are not alone here Martin and if you contact them as @Helen3 @Branka-and-Silvia0 say they will sort this out for you.

The contact number for Germany is Deutschland: +49 30 30 80 83 80

I am also including a link provided by another very valuable contributor who has kindly compiled the other varius ways of contacting Airbnb. All the best Martin......cheers.....Rob

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M...

Bernard102
Level 1
Grenoble, France

I got the same threatening message.

I have a 4.7 satisfaction rating, every item at 100%, and because of a misunderstanding with potential guests I had to cancel their booking after agreeing with them, and I receive this comminatory warning.

What is this tone?

Who do they think they are, dealing with the community that is the base of their business in this antagonistic way?

This is amazing.

Hope they sometimes investigate this forum, because I find it difficult to communicate with them.

Best to one and all,

Bernard

Well if this is automatically generated, someone did the initial writing job, didn't they? It's not that difficult to make the automatically triggered messages a little less nasty, is it?

Bernard

Bernard I got in touch with Airbnb over twitter and they sorted the problem out straight away. I agree with you the messages are written in an antagonistic/threatening way. they could be phrased better 

Thank you Martin.

Jorge499
Level 2
Kumasi, Ghana

Recently a group of 5 booked to stay but cancelled a few days before arrival. They send me a message a day after their supposed stay with me to say that if possible would like to come. Reasons being that there were advice by their tour guide for more cheaper place. All our conversation took place on airb&b platform, few days later my account was taking off. Is that right ?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jorge499 You have replied to an old thread from 2017. If you have a NEW situation you might want to open a new conversation......

But, in answer to you conversation, NO, THAT DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT! Your group cancelled, you didn't = You've done nothing wrong! I would message or phone Airbnb, via the 'Help' tab.

(This Community Centre is for hosts & guests to exchange info, Airbnb staff don't read it, as far as we know.)

Good luck!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jorge499 Ah! I've seen your other post, you've been restored... But Yes, it seems YOU were doing nothing wrong... - Glad you're back in business! 🙂

Thank you for your quick respond.