Thumbs-up really help us know we are helping you!

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Thumbs-up really help us know we are helping you!

Just a reminder...I've been reading for about a month and answering questions for about a week (after I read everything I could get my hands on about AirBnB and talked to a lot of hosts). When someone answers your question or helps you, a Thumbs-up (click the thumb below what the host/person wrote) makes us feel like what we said helped you. Not saying every post people make needs that, but when someone goes out of their way to post something that helps you, a Thumbs-up lets them know. 

Yes, I know, not every post should get a Thumbs-up, but if it helps you or answers your question, maybe consider it.

Just my $.02...

7 Replies 7
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Jann3 , so true! It used to be here in the forum that some hosts directly asked for it under each one of their posts. That was kinda tacky and has pretty much stopped. often enough, the original poster never comes back to check on answers, that's disappointing as well.

best would be if there where some kind of tool in place, like the check mark on instant messages or so, where one would know who has seen the post, beyond the generic "220 views". That would nicely separate a true approval/ thumbs up from a mere acknowledgment.

Another thing I wish people would employ more is to click on the @ symbol, then choose from the profiles that are popping up, to whom they are answering to. now that tool has quirks too, you can only choose among the last 4, grouped around that post, but most of the time it really is helpful. plus, people get a notification email  (provided that's in their settings) that they were mentioned, an incentive to come back and check.

@Jann3@Annette33      so a priest, a rabbi and an Airbnb host walk into a bar....

@Annette33    in modern hebrew, the @ is called strudel 

@Bruce43Love reading your comments. 

Linda

@Linda-And-Richard0 hello I was in san Antonio two years ago to see my son,  granddaughter and great grand son.

had the chicken steak with gravy and im still full.

@Bruce43  Did you have pecan pie topped with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert?  Next time you are here, stop by to see us and I'll bake you a pie.

Linda

@Linda-And-Richard0 thanks for the invite folks!