Tiny red dots on my calendar

Tiny red dots on my calendar

I just noticed random tiny little red dots on my calendar next the the dollar amount/price on the calendar days. Not on every day, just here and there. And it looks like it stops in February 2021. Any idea what this is? Anyone else see this on your calendar? 

7 Replies 7
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jennifer1351 It means that Airbnb feels that your price is too high. I'd take it with a massive grain of salt and continue to charge whatever you feel is fair. 

@Alexandra316  Thanks so much. I think it used to be that swirly arrow thing, but now it's a red dot. Yeah, I won't pay much attention to it. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennifer1351 

Jen, the algorithm that sets these pricing tips does not take into account property specifics. It does not take into account you offer two queen size bedrooms, it does not take into account you offer a massive hot tub/bath, private off-street parking, a full kitchenette!

The algorithm takes an average price of all properties in your area and, if your listing price is above that median price, it will offer you a red dot against dates that your price drifts above that median.

Ignore these pricing tips Jen, they are not designed to help you, they are designed to stop a booking escaping to another platform. Airbnb don't give a proverbial whether you make money or lose it.....their only desire is, not to lose the booking! 

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4   Couldn't have said it better.!  They also don't take into account that you live in a tiny town, where you and 4 other places are the only, only places super close to the only 2 tourist attractions in the area.  Myself and one other are the closet to these, I'm always being told I should lower my price, funny thing tho, come January I intended to raise it by $10.  One thing I don't do is raise it way up when we have special events, my area hosts 2 triathlons and others raise their dollars as much as twice as much, I'm happy with what I make and obviously have no problem booking those 3 days.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Robin4 I am not sure that I agree with your description of how the pricing algorithm works. We have a 3 bedroom place and its suggesting £35 per night! I have not seen any other properties in the area that cheap. I think the algorithm may start with a price determined as you say and then cut that price as the date gets closer until it gets stupidly low! 

Another thing to note is that people seem to be booking very late this year due to concerns re covid outbreaks/restrictions. Our last week in August literally booked 28 hours before check in.

Peter1853
Level 2
Bletchley, United Kingdom

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLY.A BIG HELP.

A red badge on the Calendar icon in the Dock shows how many new notifications you have for invitations and changes to events and shared calendars.

Target Card Balance Now